Yet Another Rogues Gallery Of Groomers Emerges

It's also what everyone else thinks you. Going back to your Japanese example I could, in your world, clutching my my Japanese passport suggest to my Japanese friend that I, as a pasty faced former Englishman, am as Japanese as he is they probably exclaim Anata wa oppaidesu ka!!!

With my weight gain since Christmas, I could pass myself off as a retired Sumo wrestler. :(

Guest sibon
In name only Mel.

Wow.

1952 called and would like its opinions back when you've done with them.

If I as a white British person moved to Japan, does that make me Japanese?

Why would you not be Japanese if you had lived there for long enough, passed any citizenship tests and been accepted as a citizen. Furthermore, if you subsequently had kids in Japan, once you had become a naturalised Japanese citizen, what would their nationality be?

It's also what everyone else thinks you. Going back to your Japanese example I could, in your world, clutching my my Japanese passport suggest to my Japanese friend that I, as a pasty faced former Englishman, am as Japanese as he is they probably exclaim Anata wa oppaidesu ka!!!

But why? What is this link between where someone was born and where they are a citizen of? I'm not saying we need to not talk about someone's genetics but beyond that, this strange language of defining people over where they were born and not where they've chosen to live (not just work temporarily) I find it odd. There was an article on Johanna Konta today on the BBC and the number of people having a pop at her for not being British because she was born to Hungarian parents and lived in Australia as a child was appalling. She has chosen to live here and to represent Britain having spent most of her life here. She's British. End of. If we really need to classify people into little boxes based upon DNA then perhaps she could be described as British-Hungarian. I am British-British-German...Somalian.

To be British would mean you have ancestry connected to the British isles. A British citizen is not the same thing. If I as a white British person moved to Japan, does that make me Japanese?

if youre born there and its mostly all you know you can say you are

im talking, we now have enough generations of asians / muslims living here, that their offspring, and their offspring etc are born here and only know here, its where they were born, where they live

im not on about somebody coming here for 2 weeks and saying right im british

like me, im a sheffielder born and bred, but ive lived near whitby now since 1994, but im not from there, i never will be i just happen to live there.

but my kids, they were both born up here, its really all theyve ever known, they go to school here, they go to college here, they live here, all their friends are up here.

they visit sheffield very occasionlly, but they dont really know it, its not their home, its not where they are from. its where their ancestors come from, but not them, in a physical sense

Edited by melthebell

We all know that 'Asian' in this context is a euphemism used (esp. by the BBC) to camouflage the accused people's ethnicity.

To be British would mean you have ancestry connected to the British isles. A British citizen is not the same thing. If I as a white British person moved to Japan, does that make me Japanese?

So how many of your previous generations have to have lived here for you to become British?

Guest sibon
We all know that 'Asian' in this context is a euphemism used (esp. by the BBC) to camouflage the accused people's ethnicity.

Welcome to the thread Jeffrey.

What was it that attracted you to it, instead of this one, which is on a very similar subject?

But why? What is this link between where someone was born and where they are a citizen of? I'm not saying we need to not talk about someone's genetics but beyond that, this strange language of defining people over where they were born and not where they've chosen to live (not just work temporarily) I find it odd. There was an article on Johanna Konta today on the BBC and the number of people having a pop at her for not being British because she was born to Hungarian parents and lived in Australia as a child was appalling. She has chosen to live here and to represent Britain having spent most of her life here. She's British. End of. If we really need to classify people into little boxes based upon DNA then perhaps she could be described as British-Hungarian. I am British-British-German...Somalian.

Given the amount of immigration in Japan, youd have a job convincing them I reckon.

However in this country, its less black and white, or actually more black and white. We've had different races here in numbers since the year dot been represented across society at nearly all levels (with the exception of royalty i think). I think some people cling on to their heritage more than others though.

Welcome to the thread Jeffrey.

What was it that attracted you to it, instead of this one, which is on a very similar subject?

Having read the court report in the thread you indicated, it seems these people are not ashamed of what they have done, and are indeed proud of it.

This means we have a serious problem in our society.

Deviants are proud of their behaviour, politicians are proud of, and rewarded for, being out and out liars.

Bullying and casual violence is seen as the norm.

And no one sees this as being abnormal.

We are on our downward way it seems to me.

Guest sibon
Good question:why ARE there two threads on the same topic?

Only superficially.

They are on very different topics once you dive below the surface.

Not sure what this topic is about now. Did it not start off about a court case involving grooming?