Microsoft office for free

Hi I'm thick when it comes to computers, I need to install Microsoft office on my laptop do I have to pay or can I get it for free. :help:

You have to pay for M/S office but there are 1 or 2 free ones just as good,Open office or libre office.

I would recommend OpenOffice, I have used it for mostly spreadsheets and text documents for the past 4 or 5 years, the best thing is it free! I've never even considered getting Microsoft Office.

OpenOffice is cross compatible with Microsoft Office and very similar in terms of layout and usability.

yeah i use open office, infact ive just this second printed out a job application letter with it :P

Even great for the simple tasks ey!

And good luck with the job :)

cheers, ill need it :P

Could I use open office. To open things that are sent to me from Microsoft word?

cheers, ill need it :P

Yeah good luck Mel. Did the school techy not come off?

Yeah good luck Mel. Did the school techy not come off?

never heard back from one, closing date from middlesbrough college IT techs just closed tho so......

just applied for some "leftfield" jobs lol

art gallery assistant

Whitby abbey guide

Strore assistant manager

well the normal route didnt seem to be paying off so.......

can i change what i just said lol

the school science tech / IT tech job i never heard from, thought the interviews had passed has just sent me a letter, i have an interview on wednesday, and a practical test :o

Edited by melthebell

I prefer LibreOffice to OpenOffice - it has a few more functions than OpenOffice - most of LibreOffice devs are ex OpenOffice devs who left when Oracle took over Sun Microsystems for 'The Document Foundation'. And it too can open all variants of MS Office and save as them too, just like OOorg. ;)

Hello!

Third alternative to MS Office, and also our preferred software is WPS Office.

Great package with great features.

https://www.wps.com/

Thanks

Hello!

Third alternative to MS Office, and also our preferred software is WPS Office.

Great package with great features.

https://www.wps.com/

Thanks

What does WPS office offer for the price that LibreOffice doesn't do for free?

I prefer LibreOffice to OpenOffice - it has a few more functions than OpenOffice - most of LibreOffice devs are ex OpenOffice devs who left when Oracle took over Sun Microsystems for 'The Document Foundation'. And it too can open all variants of MS Office and save as them too, just like OOorg. ;)

I've been using an OCR programme called FineReader 14 which can export the scan to Open Office. But it says nothing about sending it to LibreOffice. Can it do so? Same question for WPS. I have AbiWord and the OCR scan exports to it ok.

Edited by woolyhead