Driving Instructor in white Suzuki Swift - S36 to S6 - who is he?

Over the last few weeks I've been seeing an older gentleman giving driving lessons in a white Suzuki Swift between Stocksbridge and Hillsborough, usually around 3.30 - 4.30pm. There are L-plates on the car but no details about being a proper driving instructor so there is a chance he could just be someone's Dad or Uncle giving lessons perhaps, which is fine, apart from one major flaw. They do the entire journey at 30mph....no exceptions.

That 8 mile route ranges through 30, 40, 50, up to national speed limit and making them stick to 30mph is just madness....there are queues of irate motorists itching to overtake all the way.

If anyone knows this guy can they please tell him that he's being a nuisance!

Over the last few weeks I've been seeing an older gentleman giving driving lessons in a white Suzuki Swift between Stocksbridge and Hillsborough, usually around 3.30 - 4.30pm. There are L-plates on the car but no details about being a proper driving instructor so there is a chance he could just be someone's Dad or Uncle giving lessons perhaps, which is fine, apart from one major flaw. They do the entire journey at 30mph....no exceptions.

That 8 mile route ranges through 30, 40, 50, up to national speed limit and making them stick to 30mph is just madness....there are queues of irate motorists itching to overtake all the way.

We saw a car speeding, lose control and severely hit a pedestrian. The driver ran away.

You don't know what a nuisance is

:roll:

Yes, as awful as that must have been to witness, it doesn't mean I don't know a bad driver when I see one, regardless of whether they are going too slow or too fast, and the fact that he is passing his bad habits on to someone else with no consideration for other road users is pretty poor.

So for the whole 8 mile journey, you follow him every day? Tell you what, you leave a few minutes before he does, then go and get a life.

So for the whole 8 mile journey, you follow him every day? Tell you what, you leave a few minutes before he does, then go and get a life.

You cant beat the devil!

We saw a car speeding, lose control and severely hit a pedestrian. The driver ran away.

You don't know what a nuisance is

If you think being hit by a car is only a nuisance then you don't really know what the word means.

---------- Post added 29-03-2017 at 09:48 ----------

She didn't say that she followed him every day, and once behind someone for that 8 miles there aren't many options for overtaking safely. :huh:

Maybe that's what the person learning currently feels comfortable at.

I daresay you yourself matched your speed to the speed limit whilst learning, and annoyed nobody.

Maybe that's what the person learning currently feels comfortable at.

I daresay you yourself matched your speed to the speed limit whilst learning, and annoyed nobody.

You'll can fail your test driving like that though so it's a habit they need to drop sharpish.

Can't remember the name of the road but I was driving along and part of the road there is a blind bend, I think the speed limit was 50mph on that road, there was workmen starting to put signs out and temporary traffic lights round the bend. Not long after we were going on the same stretch if road. So I decided to drive slower than normal because I suspected that the signs would be out by now round the corner. I was told off by my instructor as going too slow and told to speed up - which I did only to have to harshly brake because of traffic waiting round the corner at the now in use temporary lights.

Should have ignored the instuctor because I don't think he had thought about the roadworks.

Maybe the person driving felt because of the road conditions he was safest at 30mph. We all have to learn sometime.

I think I've actually seen this guy!! He was on Queens Road, driving really slowly, and where it gets narrow (near Asda and Poundstretcher) was actually straddling two lanes...

Perhaps he knows "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly"

Perhaps he knows "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly"

Does his guardian angel have Emphysema or something?