Would anyone be interested in an SF Gardening / Allotment group?

There's recently been quite a lot of gardening and allotment type threads on the forum, so I wondering how many people would be interested in a forum group for gardeners? Actually, it's something I've already emailed Geoff about but I still think it would be good to have an idea of how many people would use such a group! :D Broadly speaking I imagine it would have two main sections - one for edible plants and another for non edible plants. Hopefully it would act as a place where we can share tips and seek advice, etc :)

Any takers? :D

Yes, I'd be interested. My garden is slowly reverting back to a wilderness, so I could do with a place to get advice and ideas about how to keep it under control. I was thinking about turning a bit of the garden into a vege area, so I could do with some advice about that too.

Excellent idea :) .

I don't have an allotment but do have a garden which is very very slowly taking shape. I shall also be growning some edible plants, errrrr, mostly Tomatoes it seems but also some beans and stuff.

Count me in.

:D

I think it's an excellent Idea Tracie. :thumbsup:

Wow, that was quick! :D I don't have an allotment either but I do have a dedicated veggie patch at the bottom of the garden with some lettuces, garlic, carrots and potatoes :) I'm completely new to gardening though!

:clap: Yayy! Brill idea!

I did C&G Horticulture for 3 years while still in the 6th form.

I love my garden me I do! :thumbsup:

:clap: Yayy! Brill idea!

I did C&G Horticulture for 3 years while still in the 6th form.

I love my garden me I do! :thumbsup:

ME AND DON in His garden.

I also need some pepper plants if anyone has some.. Swap for some Tomato plants!!

My first lot of pepper seeds failed to do anything so I've planted some more - I'll let you know if they get anywhere! ;)

I've got a barrowload of runner bean seeds going if anyone wants some.

Overdid the dry n keep thing last back end.

They need to go straight in the ground around now. Don't be messing around with growing in pots ;)

I'm interested in the group. As for the beans Kiddick, they're going to be late if you've not got them going already. Mine are currently a couple of feet high and beginning to flower :)

My peppers failed to show as well. Toms are flying too as are the peas which seem to be taking over 1/2 the garden :)

Yes, I wouldn't mind advice on my garden too. On how to maintain it, and when to cut my hedges. I've not even managed to grow things yet. So many things to learn.