You can see them often at Killamarsh, especially early in the morning.

I think they fly up from Rother Valley to the pond up at the top of Killamarsh and back again in the evening. You hear them before you see them.

Has anyone else just seen a flock of Geese fly over their house?

Geese live in a house?

---------- Post added 25-03-2017 at 20:56 ----------

Off back to Iceland I presume.

And shop at supermarkets?

Thread revival time.

Geese over killamarsh. All day more or less, going into the first couple of hours of darkness. Mostly V shaped flocks of Canada geese, but some flocks of two or three hundred probably more. Mostly canada geese but some others perhaps pinkfooted geese. 

They're mostly heading to rother valley, but not exclusively (70-30 I'd guess). Where are they going? I inadvertently spotted a few hundred in a field at spinkhill but I find the sheer numbers every single night a bit perplexing.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Thread revival time.

Geese over killamarsh. All day more or less, going into the first couple of hours of darkness. Mostly V shaped flocks of Canada geese, but some flocks of two or three hundred probably more. Mostly canada geese but some others perhaps pinkfooted geese. 

They're mostly heading to rother valley, but not exclusively (70-30 I'd guess). Where are they going? I inadvertently spotted a few hundred in a field at spinkhill but I find the sheer numbers every single night a bit perplexing.

Interesting TFH.  nice to see nature at work.

We get a lot of geese flying over our house because we're in between  Elsecar reservoir and Worsbrough reservoir and there's a large pond nearby too. They make a right racket but lovely to watch.

If they're high flying they're usually pink footed geese, commuting between Morecambe Bay and the Wash.

37 minutes ago, melv said:

If they're high flying they're usually pink footed geese, commuting between Morecambe Bay and the Wash.

They’re low, very low in some cases, although most of the low flyers are Canada geese, but none of them are that low. Hard to ID them in low light and with a large excited dog on a lead!

Nearly all of them are Canda Geese over Killamarsh from RV, many fly probably over to Poolsbrook although why they'd want to got into Chesterfield beats me !

The reservoirs at Pebley and Harthill are also a stopping point overnight.

Just now, willman said:

Nearly all of them are Canda Geese over Killamarsh from RV, many fly probably over to Poolsbrook although why they'd want to got into Chesterfield beats me !

The reservoirs at Pebley and Harthill are also a stopping point overnight.

I thought the direction of pebley - never thought of poolsbrook, and there are quite alot there. Maybe grazing in spinkhill - it's not like there isn't plenty of grass and water at RV!

Yes they assemble to go from RV every year and they fly around most mornings before they go.

6 minutes ago, desy said:

Yes they assemble to go from RV every year and they fly around most mornings before they go.

I wonder where they go, they don’t migrate.