Martin McGuinness dies aged 66

i wasnt aiming it at anybody, just generally, and not just on here, its you that brought it up as a bit of guilt fella.

I was aiming it more at those that have vehemently spit venom at him for being a "terrorist" when like i said they havent lived the life so didnt know what life was like for the catholics back then.

Same with Mandela, if you havent lived as a black during aparteid how can you truly know the struggle and the choices people have had to make.

Like i said earlier, people would do the same now if we got "invaded", if IS took over us and made life a living hell, we'd fight back, but then we'd class ourselves as freedom fighters.

No guilt here I can assure you, maybe it's your posting style eh, now about bombing innocent civilians would you mr (armchair) freedom fighter ?

if you vote a government in you are responsible for their actions, simple. essentially your vote gives them the right to do what they want, carry on doing what they want. if you dont want them to do it, dont vote for them.

So the innocent victims in the Mulberry Bush are partly to blame for the lot who bombed them,well the only thing to stop getting blamed is don't vote or vote Lib Dems,sorry but I don't agree.

So the innocent victims in the Mulberry Bush are partly to blame for the lot who bombed them,well the only thing to stop getting blamed is don't vote or vote Lib Dems,sorry but I don't agree.

sigh

say nu labour went and invaded iraq, arent those nu labour voters partly responsible for what that nu labour government gets up to, since its those that put them in power?

As for this topic, britain has been "invaders" of Ireland for decades and decades, alledgedly a lot of shady things have been happening to Catholics over there for decades. if the government has been doing shady things over there doesnt that make the voters of said government partly responsible?

All the write ups ive read about mcguiness has mentioned he became radicalised because of the actions of troops and actions of the british government over there when he was younger, beatings, detention, discrimination on a daily basis, thats no way to live if true, and that puts responsibility on those that put the governments in place.

I know its a bit hard to grasp in a simplistic world view.

---------- Post added 29-03-2017 at 12:22 ----------

No guilt here I can assure you, maybe it's your posting style eh, now about bombing innocent civilians would you mr (armchair) freedom fighter ?

missed the points yet again :roll:

It is simplistic to say that if you voted for a government you are then sharing in the blame for whatever they do after the voting. Usually they do not run on "Attack" platforms, and various situations cause escalations that are then re-acted to.

Or troops and weapons are provided for "Holding" actions, always both sides believing the other is the problem. We have to keep in mind also the propaganda that emanates from all interested parties to try to confirm the righteousness of the cause

Although I believe Mr. McGuinness, with his powers of persuasion and reasoning, would have been best placed trying to work out a solution with Mr. Paisley & Co at the beginning of the "Troubles," he did get there in the end. That's why I would support a RIP for him.

sigh

say nu labour went and invaded iraq, arent those nu labour voters partly responsible for what that nu labour government gets up to, since its those that put them in power?

As for this topic, britain has been "invaders" of Ireland for decades and decades, alledgedly a lot of shady things have been happening to Catholics over there for decades. if the government has been doing shady things over there doesnt that make the voters of said government partly responsible?

All the write ups ive read about mcguiness has mentioned he became radicalised because of the actions of troops and actions of the british government over there when he was younger, beatings, detention, discrimination on a daily basis, thats no way to live if true, and that puts responsibility on those that put the governments in place.

I know its a bit hard to grasp in a simplistic world view.

---------- Post added 29-03-2017 at 12:22 ----------

missed the points yet again :roll:

What points have been missed ? You see reasons to forgive and accept IRA atrocities, I see reasons not to, is that too difficult to understand ? We don't and won't agree, people have different opinions so stop being so simplistic yourself, now answer the question, would you be prepared to kill innocent civilians for your freedom fighting cause ?

So how many different governments have been voted in during the Irish problems?And we are partly to blame for Isis because we voted the government in what invaded Iraq ect and we should hold some responsibility for the Westminster attack,sorry but I don't see where you're coming from.

I don't believe the British public are at all for responsible for Daesh. People who voted Labour in 2001 had no particular reason to believe that this would result in war in Iraq and Blair went against public opinion in going to war. The British people put up a heroic effort to stop it so can't be held responsible for its after effects. But with Northern Ireland the conflict went on for 30 years, ample time for a change in direction. Or maybe it was the political establishment's fault for not putting up candidates who wanted to end the conflict.

What points have been missed ? You see reasons to forgive and accept IRA atrocities, I see reasons not to, is that too difficult to understand ? We don't and won't agree, people have different opinions so stop being so simplistic yourself, now answer the question, would you be prepared to kill innocent civilians for your freedom fighting cause ?

If the Catholics were persecuted then thousands didn't set about murdering innocent people,Mcguinness did.