Leigh Bramhall resigned

No. You have to have at least a basic level of literacy.

soz . at least im trying . what are you doing ?

Poor old Julie Dore will have to be resurrected and dusted off for all the media interviews she so clearly hated doing! :o

Actually is she even still leader of the Council?? :suspect:

I always got the impression that he's one of the better, more capable and normal members of SCC. I think he'll be missed.

I met him a couple of times and wondered why a man of such apparent good sense would want to become involved in local politics rather than enjoying a much better career for significantly more money elsewhere.

I haven't the highest opinion of PR consultants, but he has had some exposure outside politics; https://uk.linkedin.com/in/leigh-bramall-41b84b13

The worrying thing is that a major reason why he has decided to pack it in, only a year into his term as a councillor, is the abusive comment he's been attracting both by post, in local news reports, on social media and places like this. Why would anyone want to do it for the modest financial rewards available?

Most of our councillors are either retired, on some form of benefits, or supported by partners with full time career jobs to provide an adequate houehold income. Those who do have jobs, especially fulltime jobs, must really have their work cut out to deal with all the relatively minor issues that get referred to them - minor to everyone else, but vital to the person/s concerned.

His seemingly sudden departure leaves a gap of experience that may not be too easily filled.

I met him a couple of times and wondered why a man of such apparent good sense would want to become involved in local politics rather than enjoying a much better career for significantly more money elsewhere.

I haven't the highest opinion of PR consultants, but he has had some exposure outside politics; https://uk.linkedin.com/in/leigh-bramall-41b84b13

The worrying thing is that a major reason why he has decided to pack it in, only a year into his term as a councillor, is the abusive comment he's been attracting both by post, in local news reports, on social media and places like this. Why would anyone want to do it for the modest financial rewards available?

Most of our councillors are either retired, on some form of benefits, or supported by partners with full time career jobs to provide an adequate houehold income. Those who do have jobs, especially fulltime jobs, must really have their work cut out to deal with all the relatively minor issues that get referred to them - minor to everyone else, but vital to the person/s concerned.

His seemingly sudden departure leaves a gap of experience that may not be too easily filled.

the guy was a buffoon like most of the councillors

As others have asked, and have yet to receive a decent answer to, what particular things are evidence are of your assertion?

What exactly would you have done differently?

---------- Post added 23-03-2017 at 08:10 ----------

soz . at least im trying . what are you doing ?

Are you standing for election to the council?

Destroying the markets area .

How is that a bad thing? Knocking down derelict buildings and Castle Market which was a haven for drug dealers, child abusers and other criminals.

It might take some time but hopefully that end of time will be redeveloped, better it be flattened than left to stagnate and be an eyesore.

Ive just been down near castle market and thought why is it taking so long to redevelop that site. And looking at some of the people stood around me i immediately knew why.

The council must be waiting for more private development around that area first and raise the profile and demograpic of the area. If they built a park in that area it would be a haven for drunks, drugs, people sleeping rough, illicit activity and the gathering of undesirables.

It would also because an extension of The Wicker. And we all know what that has become.

Building a public space at the moment would be a disaster.

Back on topic, please.

delete my comment then please and i will post in the appropriate thread :thumbsup:

Comments like that are just why the guy decided to pack it in. Why would anyone want their best efforts to be dismissed with such reasoned logic?

Comments like that are just why the guy decided to pack it in. Why would anyone want their best efforts to be dismissed with such reasoned logic?

Agreed. I've had no dealings with Leigh Bramall, so I can't comment on his ability, but I'd expect some reasons to be given rather than just name calling.

As others have asked, and have yet to receive a decent answer to, what particular things are evidence are of your assertion?

What exactly would you have done differently?

---------- Post added 23-03-2017 at 08:10 ----------

Are you standing for election to the council?

To those who don't know him (which includes me) he could be (rightly or wrongly) perceived as a bit of a back room pen-pusher rather than someone that lives in the fabled "real world".