Leigh Bramhall resigned

Under his watch the Moor regeneration has began, St Vincent's quarter has been green-lit, Kelham has continued to evolve, multiple technological companies have invested, St Paul's square has come in, the hotel blight has finally gone and the SRQ has finally began.

I believe that he had some influence on all of that.

There is still a big big problem in Sheffield.

A lot of the people are ill informed, backward and terrified of change/anything different. I know it's not a nice thing to say but it's true. That will hold the city back for at least another generation.

Under his watch the Moor regeneration has began, St Vincent's quarter has been green-lit, Kelham has continued to evolve, multiple technological companies have invested, St Paul's square has come in, the hotel blight has finally gone and the SRQ has finally began.

A lot of the people are ill informed, backward and terrified of change/anything different. I know it's not a nice thing to say but it's true. That will hold the city back for at least another generation.

I couldn't have put it better myself Jonny5, I'm glad I'm not one of those people..

To those who don't know him (which includes me) he could be (rightly or wrongly) perceived as a bit of a back room pen-pusher rather than someone that lives in the fabled "real world".

So you know nothing about him, and are in fact, saying he may or may not have some value in his current position?

What do you believe a "back-room pen pusher" does?

Pointless post.

---------- Post added 24-03-2017 at 09:28 ----------

Couldn't agree more, the city feels like its moving in the right direction.

As others have asked, and have yet to receive a decent answer to, what particular things are evidence are of your assertion?

What exactly would you have done differently?

---------- Post added 23-03-2017 at 08:10 ----------

Are you standing for election to the council?

I would have made sure i collected the pound i sold the airport for. :)

Not that simple.

First of all, the Labour Party have to decide if you are good enough.

well if that's the case im out . as a famous person once said , I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would allow a person like me to be a member of that club

Thank heaven for that, no more stupid, cockeyed, ridiculous plans that will never come to fruition !

Maybe someone with ideas and a sense of realism and understanding what the city actually wants.

I actually think he's a decent bloke who did a good job.

If we all had to submit to the intense public scrutiny in our jobs, and experience all the ill thought through vitriol and personal abuse that councillors get for doing their best, we might better understand why he decided it wasn't worth it any more. He has young children and for their sakes a salaried job offers better income and security without all the abuse and stress.

None of us are perfect, but I agree with BurtBackcrak, he's a decent bloke, and has done a generally good job, especially when considering all the pressures swirling round our council today. We need more like him, whichever party they stand for.

Unsurprisingly, none of those on this thread challenged to come up with evidence of Leigh Bramhall's poor performance has managed anything other than meaningless abuse.

Unsurprisingly, none of those on this thread challenged to come up with evidence of Leigh Bramhall's poor performance has managed anything other than meaningless abuse.

On the other side of the coin, can anyone list anything positive that he was actually responsible for?

why has this thread gone down the abuse line ,as though he was hounded out of his job by online abuse . he left because he got a job with better conditions

I would have made sure i collected the pound i sold the airport for. :)

or got rid of don valley

---------- Post added 26-03-2017 at 22:05 ----------

why has this thread gone down the abuse line ,as though he was hounded out of his job by online abuse . he left because he got a job with better conditions

because he was clueless like most of julie bores cronies

Guest makapaka

It's just standard to slate anyone in council office.

I always thought he came across well and from my understanding had an involvement in finally getting the city centre development moving after the sevenstone fiasco