The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Are you seriously suggesting that pro Brexit politicians could say what they wanted as far as Brexit was concerned,because it didn't make any difference to a remain voter?

Not at all, what I'm saying is that the 350 million is only brought up by people who voted to remain, and presumably it didn't change their vote so it's irrelevant.

All the arguments have been done to death and leave won so going through them again won't change the result, and this thread is about the consequences not the reasons for voting either way.

I am referring to the various costs of leaving, which the EU will seek to make as high as possible, partly in order to encourage the others and partly to fill the big hole in the EU budget when the UK leaves.

The EU's negotiating position only strengthens the case for leaving this anachronistic and hyper-bureaucratic monstrosity.

So Leavers regret then....

But this is not how the EU budgetary system works. We pay in a lot more than we owe. Now some other net contributors like the Netherlands are basically committed to a federalist agenda, so are reconciled to budgetary imbalances. The budget of course is not the main, or even the most important, weakness of the EU.

Regarding your second point, if you read the EU 27 negotiating document, it does try to tie the UK's hands with regard to post-Brexit trade deals.

You left,why would you be bothered about the EU budget?,leave them to sort it out for themselves,it's almost as if you are pleading with the EU to be bothered about the UK money they won't get,and be really worried about it...............Do they sound bothered?

All the arguments have been done to death and leave won so going through them again won't change the result

The result being that the £350/m week to the NHS was essential to the Leave win. Without that there is no win.

Not at all, what I'm saying is that the 350 million is only brought up by people who voted to remain, and presumably it didn't change their vote so it's irrelevant.

All the arguments have been done to death and leave won so going through them again won't change the result, and this thread is about the consequences not the reasons for voting either way.

So you are saying exactly what I thought you were saying,glad you cleared it up.

So Leavers regret then....

How is that leaver's regret?

my only regret is that we did not leave sooner

Balderdash.

Excellent, a well thought out and reasoned reply.

The leavers are like many old men I have worked with.

They think the firm will close without them, and hate it when they are on the outside, and the firm continues just as well without them.

So you are saying exactly what I thought you were saying,glad you cleared it up.

That's OK, I'm glad you worked it out.

It didn't affect my vote in the slightest. And I'm not going to go through all the reasons I voted to leave again, I don't need to, we won the referendum.

I'm merely reminding Justin of his inconsistencies every time he tells us about the 350 million.

I'm not saying that you were 'tricked' but there are many that were. Possibly some who voted Remain were also tricked by the Remain campaign. Neither campaign comes out of this smelling of roses. As you say, the referendum has been done, votes counted and unless someone can absolutely demonstrate fraud based on the lies told then it'll stand. The problem I have with it all is it's such a mess. Even if every remainer did indeed 'get over it' and vaguely supported you guys, it'd still be looking like an absolute shower. It's not us who have any power to block things yet all I'm hearing is how unfair the EU is being and it's all vindictive, well tough luck. This is the pile of mess you've created so you should absolutely expect to get called on it repeatedly. Did you HONESTLY think that the EU wouldn't try to get the best deal they can for their members? They aren't short-sighted at all, perhaps they've just done the numbers and reckon they'd be better off if we do end up trading with them on WTO terms? Did you not consider that?

You left,why would you be bothered about the EU budget?,leave them to sort it out for themselves,it's almost as if you are pleading with the EU to be bothered about the UK money they won't get,and be really worried about it...............Do they sound bothered?

The only reason I mentioned the EU budget is that in the negotiations it may well influence the size of the exit fee which the EU will demand.

Leave won because no one could tell us any good enough reasons to stay, not any alleged lies or promises. Bottom line.

Economy performing above most.

Banking sector booming, bringing in billions.

Countries finances recovering.

Budget deficit greatly reduced. Despite having to prop up the EU finances.

The one great negative was all these foreigners from europe. If you would have applied the rules like we do here, "freedom of movement if you have a contract for employment" Otherwise you don't get any rights to benefits.

No contract of employment you are a tourist and you are welcome but when the cash runs out you will have to go home.

We have about 1% of EU workers here. but the UK opend the floodgates maybe with the idea to surpress wages. You should be asking your government why they Let in uncontrolled immigration, it is certainly not a EU directive.