The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

I'll wait until the next general election...

But what to do when we get there?

Really? The nation has made a formal declaration about you personally? Good stuff, I thought it was unusual and I was on my own. I wonder how many of us there are and if there is any way to find out?

Loob is saying that because he wasn't born and bred here that effectively the UK is declaring a formal dislike for him based on that alone by refusing the guarantee residency after Brexit (amongst other things!). I get the impression from your posts that your situation is different in that you've been 'singled out personally'? Can you elaborate?

Really? The nation has made a formal declaration about you personally?
It did not like my EEA PR 03-16, so I'm taking it as such.

I'm not reapplying.

Good stuff, I thought it was unusual and I was on my own. I wonder how many of us there are and if there is any way to find out?
File a FoI request. I ain't bothering. It brings me nothing (take everything, give nothing, remember?)

Hang on now, where is "there"? Are we at crossed purpose?
Possibly. The danger of using figure of speech expressions in my posts.

there = considered unfriendly by the UK

What are you asking me to join here? Are we having a revolution?
The queue of negotiation pawns :D

I'll go up to passive civic disobedience (negationism?...basically, as explained above: as little contribution and involvement as legally possible, relative to full and heavily positive contribution previously), but I'm uninterested in a revolution/civil war.

Not enough skin in the UK game, and zero interest in 21st century nationalism. I got with the modern times a long time back, and economical migration is in the genes here.

Like all economical migrants, mine is a mercenarial relationship: so long as the value of the opportunity endures, I'll bring all of my labour, ingenuity, efforts <etc.> into the mix for a synergistic, mutually-beneficial relationship.

Once the relationship becomes too imbalanced and the synergy is lost, time to move on to the next more balanced and better opportunity, who will then gain all of my labour, ingenuity, efforts <etc.> into the mix for a synergistic relationship.

Rinse-repeat, onwards and upwards.

With 20/20 hindsight, I should have stuck to the model instead of investing too much (faith) in the UK. But well. Lesson learned, as I said. Don't get mad, get even. So I'm getting even :)

Edited by L00b

In reply to Loob and others above.

This government has put us in a disgraceful situation, one I never expected to have to confront in my lifetime.

I have been abroad once since the referendum, and peoples attitudes were still friendly at that time, last September.

As this procedure continues though the situation may become worse for us abroad, I hope not, but there we are.

All this is totally unnecessary, and, far from having a felling of patriotic fervour as some of these brexiters have, I just feel disappointment and shame at the actions of my fellow countrymen.

This is not the way forward at all.

But what to do when we get there?

Heavens knows...all leave and setup our own island. Discussing Brexit with people has shown that 99% of people I know, like and would happily live near all don't want Brexit so perhaps if we all left and started our own little country it'd be an awesome place.

Heavens knows...all leave and setup our own island. Discussing Brexit with people has shown that 99% of people I know, like and would happily live near all don't want Brexit so perhaps if we all left and started our own little country it'd be an awesome place.

Scotland???????

Scotland???????

A bit cool for my liking...The Maldives? You are welcome to join us!

Loob is saying that because he wasn't born and bred here that effectively the UK is declaring a formal dislike for him based on that alone by refusing the guarantee residency after Brexit (amongst other things!).

I would put that down as just her being a nasty bitch, not officially unfriendly.

I get the impression from your posts that your situation is different in that you've been 'singled out personally'? Can you elaborate?

I took her ("her" being the UK) to court for human rights breach and she took the hump: stood up in court and declared that we are not friendly. Beyond that, it is not really relevant here.

I'm paraphrasing a bit, and there is (I think) no practical upshot of it, but I figured it is a potentially interesting position and we should see what we can do with it...

My official position on the matter is currently to assume that she's done this through incompetence rather than malice, and I am waiting on the results of a formal complaint.

But if anybody is in any doubt about which side of the looking glass the government are operating on, I have here a letter from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office that says that "friendly" is just a word they use...

When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less...

---------- Post added 31-03-2017 at 10:24 ----------

That would be emulating that which we despise.

Brexit is like a rat leaving a sinking ship. If we run away then we will be doing exactly that. We have not yet gone past the point where this cannot be fixed.

A non-violent civil war, or a civilised revolution with tea and cake are the options I favour.

Edited by Hairyloon

I would put that down as just her being a nasty bitch, not officially unfriendly.

I took her ("her" being the UK) to court for human rights breach and she took the hump: stood up in court and declared that we are not friendly. Beyond that, it is not really relevant here.

I'm paraphrasing a bit, and there is (I think) no practical upshot of it, but I figured it is a potentially interesting position and we should see what we can do with it...

My official position on the matter is currently to assume that she's done this through incompetence rather than malice, and I am waiting on the results of a formal complaint.

But if anybody is in any doubt about which side of the looking glass the government are operating on, I have here a letter from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office that says that "friendly" is just a word they use...

---------- Post added 31-03-2017 at 10:24 ----------

That would be emulating that which we despise.

Brexit is like a rat leaving a sinking ship. If we run away then we will be doing exactly that. We have not yet gone past the point where this cannot be fixed.

A non-violent civil war, or a civilised revolution with tea and cake are the options I favour.

I think tea and cake solve nearly everything, except diabetes and a caffeine allergy.

I think tea and cake solve nearly everything, except diabetes and a caffeine allergy.

I know a baker who is very allergy aware (the bakery is 100% gluten free) and also does a range of herbal teas. I think we can work around that problem. ;)

I think you've got it wrong the Guardian is for those who are indoctrinated, the others are for light reading and not to be taken seriously.

Do you read the Guardian?

No I read The Times.

I`d have thought the Daily Star was for light reading....

Are you saying no Daily Mail or Daily Express readers take their "news"paper seriously ? I find that very hard to believe.