The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

What has happened to the massive invasion force of slavering, rabid immigrants that were massing in Europe to invade us if we did not leave the EU?

They seem to have melted away like the morning dew.

The referendum must really have terrified them, as we have nothing from them since.

Presumably all the gunboats are back safely in harbour, and the Greek and Italian islands, overflowing to bursting point a few months ago are now sleepy fishing ports once more.

They are all in Turkey,waiting for it to join the EU and then continue northwards thanks to freedom of movement,Turkey joins next week doesn't it?:hihi:

As I have told you. About 8 times. Inflation has gone up across the west. Inflation in the UK is barely average despite our stupidly low interest rates.

What has happened to the massive invasion force of slavering, rabid immigrants that were massing in Europe to invade us if we did not leave the EU?

The Daily Mail quit with the immigration propaganda just after the referendum and moved on to attacking the judiciary, the Lords, Gina Miller and Garry Linekar instead.

What happened to the recession and the emergency budget?
It's been cannily de-branded:

“Our circumstances have changed. The exit vote, the slowing of the world economy creates a new set of circumstances. And as we go into a period where inevitably there will be more uncertainty, we need to have the space to be able to support the economy through that,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme

<...>

The more rigorous austerity measures set out by Osborne “were the right ones for that time”, Hammond will say in his speech. “But when times change, we must change with them. So we will no longer target a surplus at the end of this parliament.”

source

Instead of continuing to repay the VISA bill (and repay more of it faster as Osbourne was threatening), Hammond went and got a new AMEX instead :hihi:

Still waiting to see where that "infrastructure spend" is, though ;)

Edited by L00b

It's been cannily de-branded:

source :)

And again the facts are twisted to fit the narrative.

The original emergency budget was supposed to happen immediately after the vote and be a mass of tax rises. This was a regularly scheduled budget with at most £2bn of NI rises since withdrawn.

And again the facts are twisted to fit the narrative.

The original emergency budget was supposed to happen immediately after the vote and be a mass of tax rises. This was a regularly scheduled budget with at most £2bn of NI rises since withdrawn.

Tell me what is 'regular' about building a £60bn "Brexit war chest", after Hammond already shelved any pretence at trying to balance the books by 2020? :rolleyes:

None so blind <etc.> as usual.

Hey, at least I'm not peeing in that particular tax pot anymore. You can pay my share. Or not. Same difference to me :thumbsup:

What happened to the recession and the emergency budget?

£150bn injected by the BofE, a rapidly resolved Tory leadership process followed by the new PM delaying A50 for 8 months.

Nobody could have predicted any of that before.

But it's easy to forget afterwards when it's convenient, judging by your posts that is ;)

£150bn injected by the BofE, a rapidly resolved Tory leadership process followed by the new PM delaying A50 for 8 months.

Nobody could have predicted any of that before.

But it's easy to forget afterwards when it's convenient, judging by your posts that is ;)

I keep telling you that economists' predictions are all but worthless. You don't listen.

And you don't think that printing £150bn into a rapidly growing economy might be inflationary?

It's the double standards that get me.

There were specific predictions made by the remain side, to try and influence the vote, and they're now exposed as so much nonsense.

If the prediction didn't arise, or something positive happens, there's always some excuse: Oh that's in spite of Brexit, we haven't left yet, article 50 was delayed, we hosed the economy with yet more QE (by the way the inflation that coincidentally arrived is your fault), blah, blah, blah.

Then random stuff which was never part of any prediction: some random company director says he's worried, an arbitrary investment goes to some other country, that gets claims by the remainers as proving their point.

It's a massive heap of [expletive deleted]. You were wrong, and the UK people saw through you. get used to it.

Edited by unbeliever

There were specific predictions made by the remain side, to try and influence the vote, and they're now exposed as so much nonsense. <ra-ra-ra>

Listen carefully, az I shall say zis only wonce: £350m

:hihi:

Want to play nice again? Or do you want to continue sulking?

Edited by L00b

Listen carefully, az I shall say zis only wonce: £350m

:hihi:

Want to play nice again? Or do you want to continue sulking?

It's a bit early to be hitting the sauce isn't it.

I keep telling you that economists' predictions are all but worthless. You don't listen.

Assuming that lemma is true..

And you don't think that printing £150bn into a rapidly growing economy might be inflationary?

That'd be an economic thingy then yes....? Then why should we pay any credence to your economic argument above. Bearing in mind lemma 1...

Quite.