The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

We'll see.

I've got a cartoon image in my head of a big red bus with lies on the side hurting towards a cliff at 300 miles an hour and progressively having parts of its body ripped off.

You are crapping yourself. I think you are starting to realise.

I'm like many others here now just sitting and watching, with all the provisions made to protect myself and family. Debts paid, big purchases made, liquid assets hedged in multiple currencies, EU citizenship for the kids. In fact work-wise thing have never been better. We're helping 15 customers now with data centre migration to the EU.

You're on the bus. I'm not.

I've got a cartoon image in my head of a big red bus with lies on the side hurting towards a cliff at 300 miles an hour and progressively having parts of its body ripped off.

I'm like many others here now just sitting and watching, with all the provisions made to protect myself and family. Debts paid, big purchases made, liquid assets hedged in multiple currencies, EU citizenship for the kids. In fact work-wise thing have never been better. We're helping 15 customers now with data centre migration to the EU.

We've heard it all before about people crying wolf. You seem to spend a lot of time on here moaning about the referendum for someone who's happy with their lot.

You could always sell up on Abbey Lane and buy a mansion in Page Hall or perhaps a cottage with roses round the door and a picket fence round the garden. You won't even have to buy any furniture, you'll find some on the street.

Then you'll be happy because you can bring your kids up in a European environment.

We've heard it all before about people crying wolf. You seem to spend a lot of time on here moaning about the referendum for someone who's happy with their lot.

You could always sell up on Abbey Lane and buy a mansion in Page Hall or perhaps a cottage with roses round the door and a picket fence round the garden. You won't even have to buy any furniture, you'll find some on the street.

Then you'll be happy because you can bring your kids up in a European environment.

For all those that claim Brexit wasn't about immigrants.

For all those that claim Brexit wasn't about immigrants.

It wasn't me who said I'd got my kids European citizenship, I was merely replying and giving an option.

Again you're jumping to conclusions, I've never said I'm against immigration, just open borders for anyone who wants to come here.

You could not be more wrong.

You could not be more wrong.

Really? If you are so relaxed about it why have you spent practically every waking hour patrolling these threads?

I'm relaxed about it now although I take no comfort regarding the damage that will happen to the UK.

---------- Post added 22-03-2017 at 19:20 ----------

My kids have always grown up in a European environment. Their mum is from an EU country and we're over there fairly often. They've got EU citizenship now. Most of the EU is nothing like Page Hall but if that's where you're stuck I feel sorry for you because it ain't going to improve when we leave the EU.

I don't spend much time on these threads any more. Too busy profiting from the mess you and your friends have created. I need to create a war chest now anyway to see me through the downturn that is coming.

Really? If you are so relaxed about it why have you spent practically every waking hour patrolling these threads?

I'm relaxed about it now although I take no comfort regarding the damage that will happen to the UK.

My job often leaves gaps and this is how I choose to fill them. I doesn't add up to as much time as you'd think.

I'm doing my part to see that people not committed to the cause of Brexit, but who have chosen to support it, are not scared off by the remains of project fear. This thread may have my name on it, but it was originally tzilstra's.

There's a clear pattern here, which I draw to peoples' attention:

Bad thing happens: Brexit caused this.

Good thing happens: Well we haven't actually left yet.

For example, there has been a lot of emphatic assertion that the recent inflation rise is due to Brexit. But the USA, and Spain have higher inflation, and Germany has almost the same inflation.

Without somebody like me chiming in, the assertion that 2.3% inflation is a terrible blow to living standards caused by Brexit, would have been left unchallenged. Which would be a shame as it's straightforward to demolish.

My job often leaves gaps and this is how I choose to fill them. I doesn't add up to as much time as you'd think.

I'm doing my part to see that people not committed to the cause of Brexit, but who have chosen to support it, are not scared off by the remains of project fear. This thread may have my name on it, but it was originally tzilstra's.

There's a clear pattern here, which I draw to peoples' attention:

Bad thing happens: Brexit caused this.

Good thing happens: Well we haven't actually left yet.

For example, there has been a lot of emphatic assertion that the recent inflation rise is due to Brexit. But the USA, and Spain have higher inflation, and Germany has almost the same inflation.

Without somebody like me chiming in, the assertion that 2.3% inflation is a terrible blow to living standards caused by Brexit, would have been left unchallenged. Which would be a shame as it's straightforward to demolish.

Within a few months you are going to be piddling in the wind so don't waste all your energy just yet.

Case in point.

Blind declarations of economic doom based on faith in the virtue of the EU and a pile of discredited economic modelling outputs.

we are about to commit economic suicide.

Quite the opposite. We are about to do what we should have done many. many years ago and get the hell out of the EU , never to return. This is the best move this country has ever made.

Case in point.

Blind declarations of economic doom based on faith in the virtue of the EU and a pile of discredited economic modelling outputs.

As opposed to blind declarations of a future of sunshine, lollipops, unicorns and rainbows outside the EU.....

What a blinking nerve you lot have. You couldn't make this up.