The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Every other post from you contains an insult to your opponent's intelligence.

Cite one example.

If you were capable of making a case you would. As it is beyond you, this is all you have.

The case has been made again and again. You always just ignore or distract from the relevant points.

That does not contain an insult to anybody's intelligence .

I consider that it does insult my intelligence thanks all the same. I don't think you realise how insulting you have become of late which is why I'm hardly disposed to be of a more sunny temperament towards you.

I consider that it does insult my intelligence thanks all the same. I don't think you realise how insulting you have become of late which is why I'm hardly disposed to be of a more sunny temperament towards you.

Well I take such things seriously coming from you, so I shall take some time to review my own posts and reconsider my attitude.

Take your time. We'll all just watch the tumbleweed roll by why while we wait

Take your time. We'll all just watch the tumbleweed roll by why while we wait

Sorry. Are you here against your will?

Sorry. Are you here against your will?

No, I'm here for the friendly aura that emanates

UK government apparently believes that it can negotiate for EU agencies to remain in the UK post-Brexit

London is currently home to both the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the European Banking Authority (EBA).

Last month, the EU’s draft plan for Brexit negotiations said arrangements should be made to transfer the two agencies to another state within the EU.

EU officials said European Council president Donald Tusk aimed to set out some procedures for making the choices for the future locations of the agencies by the time EU leaders meet next on April 29th.

However, a spokeswoman for Britain’s Brexit department said in a statement on Monday: “No decisions have been taken about the location of the European Banking Authority or the European Medicines Agency, these will be subject to the exit negotiations.

“As part of these negotiations, the government will discuss with the EU and member states how best to continue co-operation in the fields of banking and medicines regulation, in the best interests of both the UK and the EU.

“It would not be appropriate to prejudge the outcome of the negotiations.”

So, it's (yet another) proof that either
  • the government hasn't clue and is making it up as it goes along; or
  • that another chunk of the 350m that's not going on the NHS will be sacrificed 'negotiated' to keep something that passes for the EMA and/or the EBA in London.

Note that I do not exclude some degree of causality between these alternatives :D

The EU Commission had this to say about it yesterday.

Edited by L00b

UK government apparently believes that it can negotiate for EU agencies to remain in the UK post-Brexit

So, it's (yet another) proof that either

• the government hasn't clue and is making it up as it goes along; or
  • that another chunk of the 350m that's not going on the NHS will be sacrificed 'negotiated' to keep something that passes for the EMA and/or the EBA in London.

Note that I do not exclude some degree of causality between these alternatives :D

The EU Commission had this to say about it yesterday.

Your "indifference" is slipping again.

Your "indifference" is slipping again.

What are you, the thought police?

You started earlier this morning inferring "loathing" from me, without answering a bona fide question in context, and not content with that, now you seek to censure my contribution to the thread as well?!?

Have a free can of f off from me, and cop on sometime :|

What are you, the thought police?

You started earlier this morning inferring "loathing" from me, without answering a bona fide question in context, and not content with that, now you seek to censure my contribution to the thread as well?!?

Have a free can of f off from me, and cop on sometime :|

It seems to me that you've taken to evading questions yourself with posts along the lines of "I'm indifferent" or "I'm enjoying watching the (imaginary) suffering of my victorious opponents".

Now you're getting emotional because I've called you on it.

Either engage in the debate or don't. Jumping out with a comment when you feel like it and then answering with "I'm indifferent" or other such nonsense when challenged is not cricket.

You're clearly not indifferent. It's just something you've taken to saying as a tactic.

Thank you for the abuse by the way. It's always nice to have the moral high ground handed to one on a silver platter.

Edited by unbeliever

Where has Loob tried to avoid debate with being indifferent? He might have been indifferent towards the UK but that's not the same with debate.

I really think you are reading thins in that simply are not there and it is not helping your cause at all.

It seems to me that you've taken to evading questions yourself with posts along the lines of "I'm indifferent" or "I'm enjoying watching the (imaginary) suffering of my victorious opponents".

Now you're getting emotional because I've called you on it.

Either engage in the debate or don't. Jumping out with a comment when you feel like it and then answering with "I'm indifferent" or other such nonsense when challenged is not cricket.

You're clearly not indifferent. It's just something you've taken to saying as a tactic.

I never did say I was indifferent to the debate, I said I was indifferent about those 'left behind' by Brexit.

Perhaps read my post #1811 and #1813 again, and this time have a stab at understanding them. And maybe even consider the question I put to you at the time (and again in #1822).

I'm not emotional in the least: I just called you out, like Obelix and Hairyloon -and so many others before them- have.

And you've fudged it steadfastly.

Off to the ignore list with you, I'm wholly uninterested in justifying myself further and seeing any more of your 'debating' (debate-shutting, really) barbs.

For the avoidance of doubt, no loathing whatsoever in this post, just disappointment, and now complete indifference about whatever else you may post next. Maybe you'll get the distinction between both concepts.