The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

It's hard to keep up with all the simultaneous arguments on this thread :cry:

It is. It would be helpful to have a branching mechanism to help with that, I'm sure such things exist, but I have not yet found a good one. :(

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 10:57 ----------

There's a difference between "not understanding" and rejecting your fake version of it...

If you understood it, then you would be able to see which version is fake.

If you understood it, then you would be able to see which version is fake.

I understand your ideas perfectly. Whatever gets you the "right" result is what you support. Hack on some weak democratic justification and off you go.

See. Loathing.

Perhaps.

I left because of a few reasons. The loathing that my country had for the EU as evidenced by the poll, and more by the actions of xenophobic and racist brexiters were a significant reason, albeit not the only reason.

Perhaps.

I left because of a few reasons. The loathing that my country had for the EU as evidenced by the poll, and more by the actions of xenophobic and racist brexiters were a significant reason, albeit not the only reason.

I do understand.

Perhaps if enough attention is drawn to the issue of bigoted thugs over the next several weeks, it will become an election issue and action will finally be taken.

It is certainly something I shall raise at every opportunity.

Indifference is usually accompanied by fewer words.

It's loathing.

Not answering my question then?

When people stop building a constructive relationship and reciprocating goodwill with you, do you still engage with and rely on them?

Hey-ho. You keep telling yourself that it's loathing, ub.

It must be helping you somehow, and I'm not desperate to prove you wrong :)

Edited by L00b

I understand your ideas perfectly. Whatever gets you the "right" result is what you support. Hack on some weak democratic justification and off you go.

Which simply demonstrates how little you understand.

Sorry to have misjudged you, I thought you were smarter than that.

Which simply demonstrates how little you understand.

Sorry, I have misjudged you, I thought you were smarter than that.

Every other post from you contains an insult to your opponent's intelligence. If you were capable of making a case you would. As it is beyond you, this is all you have.

Every other post from you contains an insult to your opponent's intelligence. If you were capable of making a case you would. As it is beyond you, this is all you have.

Funny I was just thinking the same about yourself..... :roll:

Funny I was just thinking the same about yourself..... :roll:

Example please.

I'll start with this one and your sudden backtracking it didn't apply to me... :roll:

I'm rather looking forward to the hold-out remainers hopelessly scouring around for some reason to reject the legitimacy referendum result, or its interpretation, when it has been followed up by a GE.

I'll start with this one and your sudden backtracking it didn't apply to me... :roll:

That does not contain an insult to anybody's intelligence and this and other threads and absolutely full of me making a case for Brexit.

I reserve the right to fight back when insulted.

If you want to treat my clarification as backtracking then you go ahead, but I don't think you'll fare well if you're held to the same standard.

And why individual voters voted the way they did is not the relevant issue: what is important is why the electorate overall voted the way it did. That is something that I have not seen discussed anywhere.

Maybe the answer will help understand why 13 million registered voters didn't turn out as well. The question was IN or OUT but they were so busy trying to belittle one another they failed to see what was happening and how people felt and had been feeling for some time.

It's been said that they are out of touch with people, perhaps now they might listen.

The Labour and Conservative parties are never going to listen whilst we have an electoral system that encourages them to ignore their core voters and focus on the middle ground of floating voters in marginal constituencies.