The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

We might see our own brain drain to EU countries.

I think you will find it's already under way...

As I understand , the Chatsworth Estate was in receipt of around £200,000 of EU CAP subsidies a couple of years ago .Does anyone know how "Brexit" will impact upon this beautiful part of our countryside?

If there are human rights laws at the foundation of this, than they are British human rights laws (not the ECHR as is often flaunted) and a British lack of an adequate population register.
Some not-so-recent news you might have missed (December 2016) but which are just not going away (resurfacing end March 2017).

Unsurprisingly, now that Article 50 has been triggered and the gloves are off, it's escalating other ongoing matters fairly quickly.

What an epic omnishambles this is now fast turning into.

'Unbelievable' feels far too much of a euphemism :|

Edited by L00b

As I understand , the Chatsworth Estate was in receipt of around £200,000 of EU CAP subsidies a couple of years ago .Does anyone know how "Brexit" will impact upon this beautiful part of our countryside?

It means that the rich landowners will no longer get subsidies from the taxpayer.

The top 20:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1_spibVj9jLeqtfzm-s91cAb18ZA&hl=en&ll=53.53513325091047%2C-3.40361699999994&z=7

It means that the rich landowners will no longer get subsidies from the taxpayer.

The top 20:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1_spibVj9jLeqtfzm-s91cAb18ZA&hl=en&ll=53.53513325091047%2C-3.40361699999994&z=7

From what I've been reading it's all being geared up to support them even more.

---------- Post added 05-04-2017 at 06:46 ----------

Some not-so-recent news you might have missed (December 2016) but which are just not going away (resurfacing end March 2017).

Unsurprisingly, now that Article 50 has been triggered and the gloves are off, it's escalating other ongoing matters fairly quickly.

It's pure comedy.

If somebody wrote this up as a comedy it'd be dismissed as too far fetched.

Hopefully the price of popcorn won't go u because I'll be needing loads of it.

The top 20:

If it means that it also means hillfarmers all over the UK will stop farming because they can't make a decent living any more.

I think the public won't let it get that far... but then I've been wrong before now.

If it means that it also means hillfarmers all over the UK will stop farming because they can't make a decent living any more.

I think the public won't let it get that far... but then I've been wrong before now.

Lamb?

We'll get that from New Zealand again :hihi:

Screw the hill farmers. Turn the British countryside into hunting land for toffs again.

Lamb?

We'll get that from New Zealand again :hihi:

Screw the hill farmers. Turn the British countryside into hunting land for toffs again.

Peasant shooting?

Don't forget, it is only since 1932 and the Mass Trespass on Kinderscout that we have been allowed access to the countryside.

As they get their claws in deeper these rights and privileges will start to be removed.

It will not be long before you need permission to move freely if they carry on.

That second link gives a corrupted content error... Is the internet developing AI?

Yes because of course this never worked well for the USA did it....

The US needed, and could sustain, mass immigration because of the huge size of the country in the era of mass industrialisation. The UK is already one of the most densely populated countries in the world (certainly in Europe) and the population is already set to grow at a faster pace than ever before in terms of sheer numbers. We don't need mass migration (in the postwar era, we never did. It was a policy choice and in my view a wrong one).

---------- Post added 05-04-2017 at 10:13 ----------

Are you really defending the CAP?

when we leave the EU, British governments will be able to make their own decisions as to the extent and focus of farming subsidies.

That second link gives a corrupted content error... Is the internet developing AI?
Still working fine for me this morning, from a different computer/web connection, so perhaps check your browser filters and add-ons?

It's a recent tweet from the EEP, "If the UK tries to endanger the Irish Good Friday Agreement we´ll not give our support to an agreement @ManfredWeber on #Brexit", posted in reply to a re-tweet of the original GFA relevance/analysis by John Bruton (which -at a guess- SF have been recirculating afresh after the Art.50 letter went in).