The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

From the disaster now facing us, it is obvious we should have continued to ignore 'the man in the street'.

Decisions of this nature should not be left to 'the man in the street' or indeed to any other decision than a General Election, and full parliamentary debate.

North Korea comes to mind.

Why is that?

It seems a rather strange place to be thinking about in a thread about Europe.

---------- Post added 01-04-2017 at 11:33 ----------

It is ironic that that the group of people with lower educational attainment tended to vote for leave. It is this group who is at most risk of being worse off if the government can pull this off. Well, if it all falls badly, you can't say they didn't get get what they deserve.

The thing about all this is that they will do as they are told.

They were told to vote for brexit, and now, no matter what happens, they will be told that they are free and happy.

The tragedy is, they will believe it.

They are like sheep to the slaughter, led by a Judas goat.

Why is that?

It seems a rather strange place to be thinking about in a thread about Europe.

---------- Post added 01-04-2017 at 11:33 ----------

The thing about all this is that they will do as they are told.

They were told to vote for brexit, and now, no matter what happens, they will be told that they are free and happy.

The tragedy is, they will believe it.

They are like sheep to the slaughter, led by a Judas goat.

If you need to ask, you must be one of the uneducated.

I think you are confusing dictatorship with a technocrat based government for which China would be a better example.

I think you are confusing dictatorship with a technocrat based government for which China would be a better example.

I'm confusing nothing.

If you need to ask, you must be one of the uneducated.

I do not consider myself, or any other average person in a position to make decisions of this nature.

Upon the proclamation of the result of the referendum, Cameron should have called a GE based on the result.

The entire question should then have been thrashed out in the House of Commons and a decision reached.

I am then sure, a consensus would have been reached.

As it is, we have this rag-bag of a government, who cannot organise the proverbial booze-up, taking us into this momentous leap into the dark.

I will never accept this decision, ever.

When they crawl back in a few years begging for re-entry, after the country has been bled white, they will be the lowest country in the pecking order.

I do not consider myself, or any other average person in a position to make decisions of this nature.

Upon the proclamation of the result of the referendum, Cameron should have called a GE based on the result.

The entire question should then have been thrashed out in the House of Commons and a decision reached.

I am then sure, a consensus would have been reached.

As it is, we have this rag-bag of a government, who cannot organise the proverbial booze-up, taking us into this momentous leap into the dark.

I will never accept this decision, ever.

When they crawl back in a few years begging for re-entry, after the country has been bled white, they will be the lowest country in the pecking order.

Are you saying Camerloon is more intelligent than the man in the street?

Are you saying Camerloon is more intelligent than the man in the street?

I am saying cameron should have called a General Election, based upon the result of the referendum.

The referendum informed the government that a small majority of people wanted to leave the EU.

It was not an instruction to them.

Can we get this forum fitted with an "ignore" feature?

Some posters have nothing useful to contribute: it would be better to simply not see them.

Can we get this forum fitted with an "ignore" feature?

Some posters have nothing useful to contribute: it would be better to simply not see them.

It has one, put me on ignore if you wish.

You are on mine.

Edited by Jacktari

I am saying cameron should have called a General Election, based upon the result of the referendum.

The referendum informed the government that a small majority of people wanted to leave the EU.

It was not an instruction to them.

The man in the street decided by the referendum to leave, get over it.

The more intelligent side won.

It has one, put me on ignore if you wish.

Does it? I have not found it.

I don't suppose though that it is thread specific?

I wouldn't like to think that there is nothing upon which you can make a useful input.