The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

why wouldn't scotland be forging ahead?

england probably wont have enough to buy a begging bowl, but that's ok since half of england will have been given to america and the rest to china

and i'm not sure that the end of the uk is unlikely...

I wouldn't begrudge an independent Scotland forging ahead, good luck to them, but why would the much bigger England do less well than Scotland in the big wide world??

Originally Posted by Justin Smith said :

Deeply divided over Europe ? 85% of people weren't that bothered.

Now this is very interesting. To be consistent, are we saying that if the polls change during the next two years we should take note of that and act accordingly ?

Your 85% nonsense has been disposed of multiple times already. I'm not going through all that again.

We got another vote after 41 years. We can schedule it now for 2057 if you want. In fact I'll be generous and offer 2046 (standard generation).

Alternatively just vote for a party that supports re-entry in the 2020 election. This is still a democracy. This parliament is with me but who's to say what the next will think.

Nobody has disposed of the argument that most people weren`t that bothered about Europe before the last GE. Just because you were doesn`t mean everyone or even most, other people were. the poll tells the true story.

But I`m more interested to hear your reply to my other point. You seem to be saying that a majority of people support the Governments Brexit strategy, so that means something. Well if it does, can we have your assurance that if, and I accept it`s an if, (the EU could be unexpectedly benign to the UK) the poles swing markedly against Brexit over the next two years that means something too ? Or is it just one way ?

---------- Post added 29-03-2017 at 16:06 ----------

Education was wasted on them, and they should be ashamed of indoctrinating the young.

Are you serious ? Just out of interest, do you read the Daily Mail or the Daily Express ? For those that do that is indoctrination, for those too stupid to realise they`re not actually reading unbiased news.

Edited by Justin Smith

Oh I think we`re all ready for this. Leave repeatedly said "we`ll get a great trade deal (implying as good as now) because it`s in the EU`s interest, they sell more to us than we sell to them". If and when the promised "great trade deal" fails to materialise, which Brexiteer on here do you think will be the first to say "the EU aren`t behaving rationally, we could not have forseen that, so our promises were valid".

The EU have said that they will be transparent in the negotiations: it should be clear who it is that is being unreasonable.

What concessions would you have offered us if you'd won?

On this margin? Another referendum in 5 or 10 years time: see if the EU takes the hint. Unfortunately though, Cameron was in charge and he would have taken it as another resounding endorsement of him and his policies...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/article-50-trigger-latest-theresa-may-brexit-begins-leave-eu-talks-negotiations-a7655636.html

Why do May and Corbyn keep blathering on about 'the will of the people?

It is the will of a few nutters who led the English people by the nose into a racist blind alley.

They must be the two worst leaders of the main political parties in the history of this country.

May, without doubt, is not quite sane.

Look at her eyes, and her twitching face.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/article-50-trigger-latest-theresa-may-brexit-begins-leave-eu-talks-negotiations-a7655636.html

Why do May and Corbyn keep blathering on about 'the will of the people?

It is the will of a few nutters who led the English people by the nose into a racist blind alley.

They must be the two worst leaders of the main political parties in the history of this country.

May, without doubt, is not quite sane.

Look at her eyes, and her twitching face.

This is what I can't understand when May keeps on about building a concensus and the support of the British people,how are the British people going to have a say in Brexit talks?

Is she expecting crowds to gather chanting pro UK songs,or their favourite agreement that they have to get from the EU?

It's just trying to whip up nationality like the press runs a campaign in a World Cup or European Championships,except that it is built on nothing,especially as there are different kinds of Brexits for different people,including some that are already gone.

It's like having a horse in the Grand National that's fallen at the first fences,and you win if you get to the end of the race with your particular version of Brexit....the rest are losers.

Now this is very interesting. To be consistent, are we saying that if the polls change during the next two years we should take note of that and act accordingly ?

Nobody has disposed of the argument that most people weren`t that bothered about Europe before the last GE. Just because you were doesn`t mean everyone or even most, other people were. the poll tells the true story.

But I`m more interested to hear your reply to my other point. You seem to be saying that a majority of people support the Governments Brexit strategy, so that means something. Well if it does, can we have your assurance that if, and I accept it`s an if, (the EU could be unexpectedly benign to the UK) the poles swing markedly against Brexit over the next two years that means something too ? Or is it just one way ?

---------- Post added 29-03-2017 at 16:06 ----------

Are you serious ? Just out of interest, do you read the Daily Mail or the Daily Express ? For those that do that is indoctrination, for those too stupid to realise they`re not actually reading unbiased news.

I think you've got it wrong the Guardian is for those who are indoctrinated, the others are for light reading and not to be taken seriously.

Do you read the Guardian?

Given the dreadful loss that Obelix has just had to face can people show a bit of sensitivity please.

I'd call it begging with menaces.

i don't feel menaced

do you?

I will dispose of it now. As only 1842 people were polled, which is hardly representative of the UK, and as the poll was not specifically about Europe and not the EU its not really valid especially given that 17,410,742 of voters then voted later to actually leave the EU. Once again it prove that polls can be wrong.

Edited by apelike

I wouldn't begrudge an independent Scotland forging ahead, good luck to them, but why would the much bigger England do less well than Scotland in the big wide world??

i suppose depends on how you define "less well"

given the current government who seem to favour the sort of low regulation and zero protection approach i don't see the average person doing particularly well, the rich of course will always do well.

Because England is run by a useless bunch of fools who should not be trusted to get their shoes on the right feet for a start.

Never has the future looked so bleak for this country.

Even in WWII the enemy was another country, not its own government, as we have today.

Because England is run by a useless bunch of fools who should not be trusted to get their shoes on the right feet for a start.

Scotland is lead by the SNP that believe that 16 year olds are not mature enough to make a decision to choose to smoke but mature enough to vote, and want to leave the UK because they believe that Westminster is distant and remote from Scotland, yet they want to remain/join the EU. :loopy: