Meadowhall terror response exercise tonight 19/03/2017

I think there should be public broadcasts on tv advising the public what to do in a terrorist situation, If they come in with guns and start shooting, do we drop down and play dead or try and run and hide,if a bomb goes off the first instinct is to run but they know this and we are probably running into the direction of a second one they have planted, I suppose panic would take over anyway and we wouldnt have time to think.

I also agree these training days are a good thing and we should try to co, operate with them.

If it was publicised anyone planning an attack would go and gather their own intelligence and possibly discover any weak points.

I think there should be public broadcasts on tv advising the public what to do in a terrorist situation, If they come in with guns and start shooting, do we drop down and play dead or try and run and hide,if a bomb goes off the first instinct is to run but they know this and we are probably running into the direction of a second one they have planted, I suppose panic would take over anyway and we wouldnt have time to think.

I also agree these training days are a good thing and we should try to co, operate with them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/recognising-the-terrorist-threat/recognising-the-terrorist-threat

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/stay-safe-film

Official advice from the Home Office. Basically: Leg it or hide

Seriously complaining about something as important as a test run for a emergency. Yes you may have had to walk abot, but why not simply move to a closer car park and meadowhall isnt that hard to navigate around if you have a bit of common sense and have previously been.

Well if it was for real they could have inadvertently diverted megalithic into a dangerous area because they didn't know the layout. It's alright getting people in from hull but you might have well just grabbed a dozen people off the street and stick them in hi-viz vests.

I hardly think the folk in yellow vests would be part of any armed intervention.

They would have been a contracted security company there as part of the health and safety brief in order to close off areas.

They are not going to have highly trained firearms officers doing it.

And yes, you could drag any dozen people with a SIA licence off the street to do it.

A responsible exercise. Got to check the brakes sometimes.

It will be better to keep these things quit and away from media, there is no need to give some nutter the challenge to test it for real after reading all this.

I think there should be public broadcasts on tv advising the public what to do in a terrorist situation

Run perhaps? Playing dead will only get you killed aswell.

My advice in Meadowhall just run into the shops as they ALL have exits.

well if they do have an attack the people from Hull won't be there. The shop staff that where involved should be paid it's all part of there health & safety training.

they curtained areas off so you couldn't even see what was happening.

How dare they hide the blood and gore from the gawpers who might want to stare or take photos :rant:

But more importantly, did the 10,000 body bags in the cellar get an airing?

How dare they hide the blood and gore from the gawpers who might want to stare or take photos :rant:

But more importantly, did the 10,000 body bags in the cellar get an airing?

They've been there for years must be ready for renewing by now :hihi::hihi:

Horrifically loud explosions 1am-4am couldve warned local residents.