Meadowhall terror response exercise tonight 19/03/2017

You're probably right Chris. But this was a training exercise. That is, it's a sterile environment to practise procedures for Meadowhall staff, Ambulance, Fire, Police and other relevant agencies, in relative safety for both those involved and the public that are around. Sunday at midnight is probably the least intrusive time for all of these organisations and for the public. The time it took place is mostly irrelevant as it's a staged training exercise. Therefore it's a very sensible idea to train on a Sunday at midnight.

I would imagine this was kept confidential to prevent anybody unsavoury discovering the emergency tactics and plans, and from using it as an opportunity to turn it into a live event instead of a training exercise.

How dare they have those cultured folk from Hull coordinating things?

You ever been to Hull ?

The last word you would use to describe it is " cultured"

Anyone know what time this actually started? I believed, perhaps wrongly, it was in the early hours of the morning.

12 to 4 for the actual exercise, but we had to be there from 8.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... it's interesting that the powers that be seem to think that the most suitable coordinators of a disaster training exercise in Meadowhall are the good citizens of Hull.

I wonder if a reciprocal agreement exists whereby a refrigerated container full of Hillsborough Tree Penguins is to be sent to Hull to help coordinate any future training exercises at The Deep? :roll:

They tried it once but some escaped over the footbridge to the Dinostar Dinosaur Experience

It ended quite badly - like something out of Jurassic Park with tree penguins

I'm really glad that there are people cracking on with exercises like this, whether they're paid or not.

I hope they'll never need the knowledge learned on Sunday, but I'm happy for them to learn it just in case.

If you volunteered on Sunday, thanks :)

How dare the authorities disrupt megalithics musing around Meadowhall. Heads must roll.

No musing unfortunately (I do love Meadowhall) just a supposed quick dash inside to collect someone.

All I'm saying is if parts of the place are to be closed off then why leave entrances open that lead to nowhere? A few signs at the entrances to the car parks would have helped things go smoother for everyone involved. No?

No musing unfortunately (I do love Meadowhall) just a supposed quick dash inside to collect someone.

All I'm saying is if parts of the place are to be closed off then why leave entrances open that lead to nowhere? A few signs at the entrances to the car parks would have helped things go smoother for everyone involved. No?

You were probably being used as part of the exercise without you knowing, to study public reaction :)

The current incident near Parliament surely shows why training such as this is needed.

Hopefully all injured are well (apart from one!)

Just heard of one fatality (R.I.P.) and some with major injuries, get well soon.

The current incident near Parliament surely shows why training such as this is needed.

Hopefully all injured are well (apart from one!)

Just heard of one fatality (R.I.P.) and some with major injuries, get well soon.

My thoughts entirely.

To the op....I know you were inconvenienced and I don't mean to sound unkind, however, today's events illustrate how important it is for the authorities to be well trained for such an atrocity.

RIP X

My thoughts entirely.

To the op....I know you were inconvenienced and I don't mean to sound unkind, however, today's events illustrate how important it is for the authorities to be well trained for such an atrocity.

RIP X

Have to agree with you on this. A little bit on inconvenience is worth a robust plan being in place for such a events like today. Quite sad that some people feel the need to complain about something so worthwhile

I wasn't anywhere near to Meadowhall at the time of this training exercise, and I had no knowledge of it at all, but i'm quite disturbed at the fact I might have been slightly inconvenienced if I had been there. Which I wasn't.