Blades vs charlton

Make that 1-1, O'Connell....

Make that 1-1, O'Connell....

phew, i was scared for a second lol, come on blades, another two just to make sure

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 16:18 ----------

the blades now 2-1 up :)

Sounded like the usual basketball game,3 massive points though,especially with Fleetwood dropping 2 unexpected points.

Do we dare to dream now, 2 weeks ago i would have been happy with 2nd place, now i want us to go up as Champions, the whole team, the fans and the main man Wilder deserve it....:banana::banana::banana:

Quite an after match interview from Wilder this evening,he's got some great digs in at Karl Robinson:hihi:

Give credit wherever due Charlton seemed to have a go at Wilders lot but winning div 1 is nailed on for them.

Far from our best performance of the season but credit to Charlton for making a real game of it, on another day they could have taken something from the game .Top 2 looks in the bag now.

Quite an after match interview from Wilder this evening,he's got some great digs in at Karl Robinson:hihi:

I heard that a little differently.

I thought Wilder was criticising the Charlton players rather than the manager. He made several references to how the Blades players turn up week in week out and put in a shift even when they're not playing well. He felt this wasn't what he saw from the Charlton players. It could well have been something Robinson would have liked to have said himself but criticising your own players always has a negative fall out.

My take is Wilder was putting a message out there on behalf of Robinson.

If so it's good to see managers supporting each other. Think Mourinho did it this week in favour of the former Middlesborough boss.

I heard that a little differently.

I thought Wilder was criticising the Charlton players rather than the manager. He made several references to how the Blades players turn up week in week out and put in a shift even when they're not playing well. He felt this wasn't what he saw from the Charlton players. It could well have been something Robinson would have liked to have said himself but criticising your own players always has a negative fall out.

My take is Wilder was putting a message out there on behalf of Robinson.

If so it's good to see managers supporting each other. Think Mourinho did it this week in favour of the former Middlesborough boss.

That part I wasn't sure myself if it was aimed at the players or the management,it was a bit naughty if he was digging another teams players out,but he had already had a go at their management team for whooping and hollering when they took the lead early on,so I took it as a dig at their manager not being able to get the best out of his players on a regular basis.

If you look earlier in the thread,there is already a big quote from Robinson digging his players out after they lost at Shrewsbury,so he didn't need Wilder to do it.

Far from our best performance of the season but credit to Charlton for making a real game of it, on another day they could have taken something from the game .Top 2 looks in the bag now.

Yep. An early scare when they looked very lively but when we settled and started to play our passing football, they were like most teams we have played, chasing shadows. looked a decent team though.

With 10 mins to go they came and had a go again but we able to see them off.

From Westfield stand it looked like there should have been a penalty for a shove to me but ref unsighted. Not sure about the penalty shout at the kop end in the 2nd half, I was too far away to see.

ps Blades goals came from 2 defenders today, all chipping in.

Edited by blackydog

Yep. An early scare when they looked very lively but when we settled and started to play our passing football, they were like most teams we have played, chasing shadows. looked a decent team though.

With 10 mins to go they came and had a go again but we able to see them off.

From Westfield stand it looked like there should have been a penalty for a shove to me but ref unsighted. Not sure about the penalty shout at the kop end in the 2nd half, I was too far away to see.

ps Blades goals came from 2 defenders today, all chipping in.

Definitely not a penalty in 2nd half, Billy was playing for it and went down way too easily in my opinion.

Wilder wasnt having a dig as such, it was saying the off the field stuff shouldnt interfere with the on the field stuff?