Best place to move to for a first time buyer?

I was wondering if anyone knew the best areas for a first time buyer in Sheffield?

I'd love the Broomhill/Crookes area but everything is very expensive! Any suggestions?

Have a look at Heeley - I believe it is slowly gentrifying (possible new secondary school catchment)

Perhaps a budget or price range first would be a good idea.

Along with the type or size of property you are wanting.

Mosborough village is nice Its quiet has a regular 30min bus service and its next to the beautiful Moss Valley,village shops, and Crystal peaks is 10 minutes by car and at least 4 village pubs

Mosborough village is nice Its quiet has a regular 30min bus service and its next to the beautiful Moss Valley,village shops, and Crystal peaks is 10 minutes by car and at least 4 village pubs

If the Op would love crookes or broomhill then I think suggesting a village is not what they are looking for. So if you can't afford Crookes head down the hill to Walkley or even further to Hillsborough.

Heeley and Meersbrook are both on the up but not as busy as crookes or broomhill. I expect Broomhall to gentrify a bit more one day. But even if it doesn't the location is good.

It's better to have a modest home in the best area than a flash home in the worst area.

Just my opinion.