A southern yank with questions

Hey, I appreciate the help, Purple.

See, my guy is true to his roots, so his establishment will be offering great food at a great value for the working man or woman. However, that said, he's also going to know how to create such cuisine staples as chateaubriand, osso bucco, coq au vin, and etc. Thus, his skills will not be limited.

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 18:20 ----------

Would it be too far outside the realm of possibility for him to have gone to Le Cordon Bleu in London?

See, my guy is true to his roots, so his establishment will be offering great food at a great value for the working man or woman. However, that said, he's also going to know how to create such cuisine staples as chateaubriand, osso bucco, coq au vin, and etc. Thus, his skills will not be limited.

Would it be too far outside the realm of possibility for him to have gone to Le Cordon Bleu in London?

I've found and interesting article in the local paper.

Let me just try and post a link.

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 22:34 ----------

http://www.thestar.co.uk/lifestyle/features/star-maker-chef-hangs-up-apron-after-37-years-at-sheffield-college-1-8350003

Dude! Thank you so much. This is awesome.

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 22:34 ----------

http://www.thestar.co.uk/lifestyle/features/star-maker-chef-hangs-up-apron-after-37-years-at-sheffield-college-1-8350003

He would know the courses,past staff etc .it's worth a shot.

Good luck

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 22:39 ----------

Dude! Thank you so much. This is awesome.

When the royalties role in... :hihi:

Yep, gonna need it. But I am stubborn and a bit fastidious when it comes to details. Still got a long way to go before she's finished.

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 18:43 ----------

Hahaha! I will keep that in mind.

I admire you for choosing something 'outside the box'

Again good luck.

If I think of something which may be useful I'll post it.

Thanks!

Boxes are very boring places, anyway.

All very good but can he make a Yorkshire Pud ?

All very good but can he make a Yorkshire Pud ?

Honey, it's fiction. He could build a time machine powered by rhubarb if he wanted to do so. But . . . on the other hand, it might add a little more dimension to his character if he could make almost anything with brilliant skill, except Yorkshire's namesake dish

What would be the year of birth of your character Jennifer?

Andre, that Yorkshire Film Archive is a great link and some of the historic pieces of film look fascinating - but there appears to be no way of actually viewing them, we can only read the descriptions. Am I missing something crucial?

Jennifer, thanks for the vocabulary lesson. That "Fixin' to..." is perhaps a little better known in Britain as it appears in various blues songs (which quite few people over here like). I first encountered it in the title of a song by a (not blues) American singer called Country Joe: 'I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die'.

It must be down for maintenance or something? It is a great site and quite addictive. Some of the films are exceptional quality for the time.

I'll see if there is a different link??

It must be down for maintenance or something? It is a great site and quite addictive. Some of the films are exceptional quality for the time.

I'll see if there is a different link??

Thanks Andre, that would indeed be a kindness.