Which singer or band did you never see live but wish you had ?

I never got to see Deep Purple, would have loved to have seen them at their peak, in the late fifties and early sixties I saw most of my British favourites, Lonnie Donegan, Beatles, searchers, the Who, Hollies, Manfred Mann etc. But by the time the seventies came round we had kids and a mortgage and spending money on going to see groups was off the agenda.

They've been on the red button in concert all week and even though Ian Gillan has lost a lot of the power in his voice they're still amazing musicians, in fact I've always thought that Seve Morse is a better guitarist than Richie Blackmore, despite the fact that he came up with memorable riffs which are instantly recognisable.

I'd a few near misses regarding people who are no longer with us. Nina Simone was sold out so I couldn't get a ticket. Ali Farka Toure. Had the tickets but my ex- had a row with me and I ended up not going. Charles Bradley. Unfortunately, he died this year and I could have seen him in 2015.

Betty Carter. I had a chance to see her in '98 and she died a year later. I didn't like the venue and procrastinated and didn't go. Could kick myself for that. Only one of the best singers ever.

I'm glad I did manage to see Gil Scott-Heron, Jimmy Smith and Sharon Jones (who we met afterwards and she was a great person). So gutted that she passed. Oh, and Donna Summer but that was at the Royal Albert Hall and I like small gigs. And Anita Baker. She's still with us but has retired. I saw Marlena Shaw 10 years ago and I suspect she has retired as well. Just remembered - Desmond Dekker - saw him in '88.

If I could see anyone no longer with us, Sarah Vaughan or Esther Phillips would be right up the list. Also Curtis Mayfield, Otis Redding, Mavin Gaye, Lorez Alexandria, Linda Jones, Lorraine Ellison and loads more.

Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra. He played in London some years before he died. I should have put myself out to book but didn’t.

Bob Seger and The Everly Brothers sadly I’m to late for Don and Phil but I might yet get to see Bob Seger.

Bob Seger and The Everly Brothers sadly I’m to late for Don and Phil but I might yet get to see Bob Seger.

You may be too late for Bob Seger too, he cancelled several tour dates this year on doctor's orders, and it is believed to be a serious issue. Hopefully not life threatening, but his concert touring may be over. I saw him about 30 years ago, great act. GlennFrey of the Eagles ( they were still not back together), who was mentored by Bob, made a surprise appearance.

I think Bob is recovering from his back/neck problem and hope to be back this year. You are so lucky to be at that concert and I am really really jealous ?

I won tickets for Knebworth when Led Zeppelin were playing in 79 but was going on holiday with my parents that week so I gave the tickets away. Not long after, John Bonham was dead. I have seen Robert Plant twice since but I will always wish I had cut the holiday short by a day. We were only in Dorset.

Queen - and by that I mean the proper Queen with Freddie, Roger, Brian and John, not the Rogers/Lambert iterations which shouldn't be using the band name.

Also AC/DC, I've seen most of the major rock bands live but always somehow managed to miss seeing them when they toured.

Queen - and by that I mean the proper Queen with Freddie, Roger, Brian and John, not the Rogers/Lambert iterations which shouldn't be using the band name.

Also AC/DC, I've seen most of the major rock bands live but always somehow managed to miss seeing them when they toured.

Queen was not just Freddie it was a joint effort and Freddie was the vocalist of a group. As far as I have seen the other three members are still playing so they have every right to call themselves Queen. Pink Floyd still kept their name after Roger Waters left and Don Henley's band is still the Eagles even though he is the only original band member.

I fully understand you preferring to see the original foursome of Queen however, so would I, just disputing your point about the Queen name. By the way I have been a fan of Paul Rogers since his time with Free, but that was not my issue here, nor would I dream to compare him with Freddie, two totally different styles.

Paul Rogers was a brilliant singer but he never could replace him,so Bad Company and worth every penny.