Solar Powered garden lights ?

Hello

I bought all different kinds of Solar lights for my garden last summer to find over the last year they all have basically stopped working some from B&M, Homebase B&Q & Sainsburys and out of 8 only 2 work a rock the lights up and a old style steet lamp.

Great at first when they all worked but annoyed that they havent lasted

Maybe the rechargeable battery's inside need changing?

water usually gets in around the solar panel and causes corrosion. you could try sealing it using clear nail varnish or waterproof tape on any new ones you buy.

Oh right I will try doing both of those things thanks!

The rechargeable batteries inside wear out.

Cheap NiMH batteries can only do a couple of hundred cycles.

the ones on a steel tube fill up with water and flood the battery and connection, try drilling a hole in the tube half way up to allow drainage.

Sometimes just taking the batteries out, cleaning up the terminals with a wire brush or emery (one of those emery boards ladies use for their nails work well) Clean the battery terminals too. If there's any water ingress thoroughly dry those out too, and very often you can get a bit more life out of them.

Oh and it helps to give the batteries a blast on an indoor charger, to give them a kick start.

Perhaps it's a clear skies action group who is going around sabotaging unnecessary lights.