Sheffield Half Marathon 2017 9/4/2017

Thank you!

My number just arrived. Now off to find some number belt or pins:)

Edited by Guest

Will there be sings where to turn for road that goes

on Limb Lane on Sunday? When I was training, I was running that part from Hathersage to Ecclesall road. I can't find that part with number 8 on route map.

Google maps also does not help.

The little road that dips down into dore village is called cross lane then you come back up onto the main road via limb lane. I hadn't realised there was this little detour until my first time doing this route last year...did a practice run again last weekend-its an easy detour, mainly downhill then flat then slight incline up limb lane. good luck!

Good luck to all taking part.

I did it! 2:09! Congratulations to everyone, support and atmosphere where amazing!

Well done croat.

I was a bit slower than I expected felt really hot on way back 1.54.

Have to say I found it hard on the way back this year might be the heat or not enough training or a bit of both.

Great support thanks everyone.

Edited by Fudbeer

Well done Croat and fudbeer. 1:42 this year for me. The heat was intense and I wilted in the second half of the race but have to say the support on the course was immense and I ran the second half with a massive grin on my face.

Well done runners and well done people of Sheffield. I think this event could become legendary as the years pass by.

Well done Croat and fudbeer. 1:42 this year for me. The heat was intense and I wilted in the second half of the race but have to say the support on the course was immense and I ran the second half with a massive grin on my face.

Well done runners and well done people of Sheffield. I think this event could become legendary as the years pass by.

Wow well done great time,agree the race goes from strength to strength last year I overheard a runner not from Sheffield say he never realised how nice Sheffield was bet he wouldn't of said that on the old route!

Great run, even though it took me 2 minutes longer than last year. It certainly was rather warm. Credit where due. Apparently Amey only finished relaying Ringinglow Road yesterday and some of the road in Dore this week, white lines still to be done. I bet that was a bit of a concern for the organisers.

Brilliant support as always! Thank you to everyone who came out to cheer us on and especially the water sprinklers!! The alcohol free beer at the end was welcome after the heat.

Well done to everyone, I must say the support on route was absolutely amazing x

Agreed, thank you to all the amazing supporters on the route. So, so many jelly babies! The hose pipes were brilliant too. Beautiful route, lovely people and a day to make my proud to call Sheffield my home.