Sheffield Half Marathon 2017 9/4/2017

Its too dangerous

That's why I'm not taking part

It should be banned

Why? Because of hills?

Its only difficult if you fail to train properly and even then I would not call it dangerous its hardly the Bod Graham (google it) and you can always walk.

Most people in Sheffield train on hills anyway so makes sense to have a hilly race.

There are far more extreme fell races in the Peak District.

We're still undecided... OH is still recovering from Monsal trail HM and I still feel short of miles....

Just come back from training, i started the route from Hunters Bar. Part to Norfolk Arms is hard, but definitely duable on slow pace. I mean really slow pace. That can be tricky, especially if you start hard and fast

Just come back from training, i started the route from Hunters Bar. Part to Norfolk Arms is hard, but definitely duable on slow pace. I mean really slow pace. That can be tricky, especially if you start hard and fast

Correct you need to respect the hill don't start hard and try to get over it asap.

Start slow so you are not out of breath even if it means you are going at near walking pace as you get used to it if you feel confident accelerate a little but if you feel you are getting out of breath slow right down again.

To many people used to small quick hills come unstuck a totally different technique is required,I learnt this from my cycling days doing big hills in the peaks.

Done correctly its actually not that difficult provided you have trained.

Good luck.

Correct you need to respect the hill don't start hard and try to get over it asap.

Start slow so you are not out of breath even if it means you are going at near walking pace as you get used to it if you feel confident accelerate a little but if you feel you are getting out of breath slow right down again.

To many people used to small quick hills come unstuck a totally different technique is required,I learnt this from my cycling days doing big hills in the peaks.

Done correctly its actually not that difficult provided you have trained.

Good luck.

When I did it two years ago, I blasted up the hills and was soon struggling on the downhills and almost felt like walking by the end. Got 1.45 though and not sure if I could manage that at the mo.

Wow thats a great time Jemson,no way could I blast that hill I guess we all different.

Thanks for that sharpend, I've been wondering if we get discounted travel lol. My race number also came today. Now the nerves are kicking in.

Will there be sings where to turn for road that goes

on Limb Lane on Sunday? When I was training, I was running that part from Hathersage to Ecclesall road. I can't find that part with number 8 on route map.

Google maps also does not help.

Edited by Guest