Another vote t'other side of the Border.

I don`t agree with what you`re saying but I don`t want to get bogged down in a Brexit thread, I don`t bother with it any more because it`s just the same arguments going round in circles. I will re enter that particular argument if and when the UK does not get the trade deal promised by the leave campaign, though that may well be months or years before it`s clear. There are some choice Brexiteer quotes I`d like to put back on here.

What I`d like to know from you Brexiteers, is how Theresa May can say she thinks it`s unfair to the Scots to have an Independence referendum when they don`t know the terms of Brexit, when we didn`t know any (in fact much less than we even know now) when we had to vote in our referendum. Is there any excuse whatsoever for that hypocrisy ?

I don`t agree with what you`re saying but I don`t want to get bogged down in a Brexit thread, I don`t bother with it any more because it`s just the same arguments going round in circles. I will re enter that particular argument if and when the UK does not get the trade deal promised by the leave campaign, though that may well be months or years before it`s clear. There are some choice Brexiteer quotes I`d like to put back on here.

What I`d like to know from you Brexiteers, is how Theresa May can say she thinks it`s unfair to the Scots to have an Independence referendum when they don`t know the terms of Brexit, when we didn`t know any (in fact much less than we even know now) when we had to vote in our referendum. Is there any excuse whatsoever for that hypocrisy ?

No hypocrisy just common sense and being fair to the Scots.

Brexit will and must happen, it is the will of the majority of people who voted. The Remoaners should stop moaning and get behind Brexit and show the EU we have a united Country, which would go a long way to helping Mz May in her efforts to get a good deal for us.

Angel1.

It doesn't seem rather united to me, when we have people belitting others as Remoaners though. Why on earth you think I should get behind you when you have such an excreable attitude as that is beyond me.

Scottish parliament back Sturgeons call for a new referendum 69 to 59

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39422747

The vote is for permission to hold a referendum before the UK leaves the EU and it didn't get much of a majority either. Theresa May has already stated that the Government wont let them hold one till after we leave, so its just a token stance from them.

Theresa may says no very often even when it is made clear to her that room for development is needed. Only person she has said yes to lately was trump.

Kranky says we must respect the vote,yes like she did the Brexit one.

Or the previous Scotland one.

It doesn't seem rather united to me, when we have people belitting others as Remoaners though. Why on earth you think I should get behind you when you have such an excreable attitude as that is beyond me.

Well, that diatribe gave me a laugh. Trust me on this, I have no sway on what happens on the Brexit discussions, wish I had.

As for the term "Remoaner" by gum it fit's you perfectly well. Just my opinion, others may think differently. I am waiting to catch the proverbial dummy when you spit it out tomorrow, Brexit Day.

Angel1.

The vote is for permission to hold a referendum before the UK leaves the EU and it didn't get much of a majority either. Theresa May has already stated that the Government wont let them hold one till after we leave, so its just a token stance from them.

It is proper etiquette. They cannot reasonably go ahead and hold their own referendum without first having been refused permission for an official one.

Indeed. Sturgeon knows she won't get another referendum before 2020.

It's basic politics. We'll Brexit and Scotland will come with us against their wishes. And then the SNP will turn round and argue they were forced to Brexit without a choice despite the Scottish parliament voting for another referendum.

It's a long game. Sturgeon has done May over on this one and Cameron will be delighted that May will ultimately get the blame for breaking up the UK.