Another vote t'other side of the Border.

It is not a case of moaning, and I don't see where that idea comes from.

It is do to with brexit being wrong.

You can pontificate all day and night, but it does not alter the one stark fact.

Viz:- You are wrong.

Furthermore, I do not want, or desire to 'pull together' to send my country in the depths of recession and poverty.

Who should judge what is best for the nation? The elected parliament, the majority vote of the UK people, or you with your angry and anonymous internet ranting?

Who should judge what is best for the nation? The elected parliament, the majority vote of the UK people, or you with your angry and anonymous internet ranting?

None of the above: they have all proven unfit for the task.

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 18:58 ----------

Brexit will and must happen, it is the will of the majority of people who voted. The Remoaners should stop moaning and get behind Brexit and show the EU we have a united Country, which would go a long way to helping Mz May in her efforts to get a good deal for us.

Angel1.

Meanwhile, on this side of the looking glass...

None of the above: they have all proven unfit for the task.

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 18:58 ----------

Meanwhile, on this side of the looking glass...

I was just about to reply to the first bit and then you edited the post and added the bit in bold!

It is not a case of moaning, and I don't see where that idea comes from.

It is do to with brexit being wrong.

You can pontificate all day and night, but it does not alter the one stark fact.

Viz:- You are wrong.

Furthermore, I do not want, or desire to 'pull together' to send my country in the depths of recession and poverty.

Stiff upper lip, accept the decision of the majority, have faith and trust in our leaders and then the doom and gloom may go away and optimism prevail.

I was just about to reply to the first bit and then you edited the post and added the bit in bold!

That need not stop you from replying to the other.

If we'd had faith and trust in our leaders, 3/4 of whom were opposed to leaving the EU, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

We did have faith: it was misplaced. We trusted that they had the intelligence and integrity

to take the advise of the referendum under advisement.

¿

In that case, given the abysmal record of the Labour party in government, I suggest that all future elections which return a majority for Labour are declared invalid by an arbitrary selection of technocrats and sensible Conservative MPs chosen for the greater good.

¿

If the losers in the referendum vote accepted the democratic decision to leave the EU we would be going a long way to stop the bickering and talk of disunity.

As I`ve said, I`ll accept it, as in respect it and move on, when :

1 - The NHS gets it`s £350 million a week.

2 - The UK gets it`s "good trade deal (heavily implying free trade) with the EU.

Bearing in mind that it was a close result in the Referendum, thus not many voters would have had to change their minds for a different result, there will be no unity from my side till the above happens. This is particularly the case bearing in mind that the Govt has made no efforts whatsoever to appease the 48% who voted remain.

Incidentally, my disrespect for Theresa May is growing daily. She`s such a soddin` hypocrite. She was at it again this morning, "it`d be unfair for Scotland to vote on independence till the terms of Brexit are known". Sorry, am I missing something, or did we know anything about anything about Brexit when we had to vote ? And, even worse, anyone so much as suggesting a second vote when the terms are known is labelled "undemocratic". Well certainly by the Brexiteers, the Daily Mail, The Daily Express and the Sun.

---------- Post added 28-03-2017 at 13:42 ----------

If we'd had faith and trust in our leaders, 3/4 of whom were opposed to leaving the EU, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. That's one half of what parliamentary democracy is all about, overruling (or ignoring) the Wille des Volkes when it wants to do something that damages the country.

But you're right that, here as in other spheres, a faith-based position can insulate you from some of the unpalatable realities of life.

I agree with you but you`re also forgetting that, before the last election, 85% of voters weren`t sufficiently bothered about Europe to even put it in their top three of issues. Thus the referendum was purely about the Tories pinching a few percent of votes off UKIP and healing their own internal divisions. I`m sure even Unbeliver knows that, he may even admit it, we`ll see.

Edited by Justin Smith

Nope. It was about sovereignty.

I believe I may have mentioned that once or twice before.

Nope. It was about sovereignty.

I believe I may have mentioned that once or twice before.

It was about Sovereignty to you, not to most who voted Leave, and certainly not 96% of them, a statistic I think you know the significance of.

Just out of interest, why didn`t the Leave campaign put that on the side of their bus then ? Why did they choose to put the NHS lie ? I accept you were not responsible for it, nor condone it, but that`s what they decided to do. Surely they had their reasons for putting it on there ?

But I was actually talking about why the Tories put the referendum on their manifesto when most people just weren`t that bothered. Thus Cameron has a LOT to answer for.

It was about Sovereignty to you, not to most who voted Leave, and certainly not 96% of them, a statistic I think you know the significance of.

Just out of interest, why didn`t the Leave campaign put that on the side of their bus then ? Why did they choose to put the NHS lie ? I accept you were not responsible for it, nor condone it, but that`s what they decided to do. Surely they had their reasons for putting it on there ?

But I was actually talking about why the Tories put the referendum on their manifesto when most people just weren`t that bothered. Thus Cameron has a LOT to answer for.

Point out where it said "Kind of half leave the EU" on your ballot paper.

Government policy on Brexit is supported by the UK people: https://tinyurl.com/zfyaesp

The will of the people is being done. All this other stuff guessing about the motives of certain politicians is just noise.

I agree with you but you`re also forgetting that, before the last election, 85% of voters weren`t sufficiently bothered about Europe to even put it in their top three of issues.

As pointed out previously the poll question asked specifically about Europe and not the EU. The poll sample size was 1842 adults and was taken before the last election.

The questions were: "Which of the following do you think are the most important issues facing the country at this time? Please tick up to three."

The Economy 52%

Health 45%

Immigration and Asylum 48%

Welfare benefits 32%

Housing 21%

Education 16%

Europe 15%

Now have a look at the top three.. notice how Health, and Immigration and Asylum are in it. That may give you a pointer as to why leave used it to their advantage.