Where is best to live in Sheffield for young professionals?

What is wrong with the OP living amongst the working class?

Ask 'em ! It's a 'choice' as to where you want to live.

I'm a young professional living in Hillsborough, and I like it. Not sure it fits your criteria for pubs and restaurants though!

I don't tend to go to many of the pubs close to me, though that may be more a function of why I'm going to the pub/who I'm meeting than anything else.

The shops are OK, and the transport links are pretty good.

Close to the countryside too!

It's funny how the pubs and shops in Hillsborough don't really reflect it's occupants. There are many young professionals there but I don't think it fits that well with the description that the OP is looking for.

I would look at somewhere like Greystones.

The OP wanted advice about living in Sheffield. As you don't live here then your advice would be as useless as it usually is.

I would advise not to live in Sheffield lol

And for my advice I offer none because I couldn't give a monkeys about you or any of these people for that matter lol

I would advise not to live in Sheffield lol

And for my advice I offer none because I couldn't give a monkeys about you or any of these people for that matter lol

Ouuuch :hihi:

Does it have to be a house? £200k would more than buy a really nice modern flat in a lot of the desirable areas mentioned.

Well​, professional can refer to anyone regardless of having a degree or not. Not just "generally".

Yes, anyone in a profession is included, and we're talking about young ones remember.

So you go and point out all the young doctors, solicitors, accountants, engineers and software developers who don't have a degree.

Plenty of people out there with that status that haven't gone on to Higher Education.

I'm sure you have a raft of examples lined up to justify this statement?

---------- Post added 14-03-2017 at 07:38 ----------

When you are no longer a 'young' professional, ie you've climbed the ladder a bit, you'll consider moving out of Sheffield altogether and think about living in Derbyshire eg Baslow, Hope Valley etc and commute.

Wow, what a sweeping a statement. If you're right I'd best send the wife a message and tell her we need to consider moving because you've said so.

Today's Times lists Parkhill Flats as being one of the 20 Coolest Places to live in !

Today's Times lists Parkhill Flats as being one of the 20 Coolest Places to live in !

I can only think the heating systems broken.

Yes, anyone in a profession is included, and we're talking about young ones remember.

So you go and point out all the young doctors, solicitors, accountants, engineers and software developers who don't have a degree.

I'm sure you have a raft of examples lined up to justify this statement?

---------- Post added 14-03-2017 at 07:38 ----------

Wow, what a sweeping a statement. If you're right I'd best send the wife a message and tell her we need to consider moving because you've said so.

You're probably one of those with a chip on their shoulder about those who work their way up the ladder?

Personally, my criteria for a house purchase would be whether or not I liked the house, rather than how those around earned their coin. With a £200k budget, you are hardly likely to be living amongst the dregs of society.

I would recommend Crookes or Walkley. Shops, bars, restaurants, parks and excellent transport links all within your budget.

I would recommend Crookes or Walkley. Shops, bars, restaurants, parks and excellent transport links all within your budget.

I think their budget is for a residence, not for spending money lol ;) Sorry, just my pathetic attempt at humour. :smile: