Where is best to live in Sheffield for young professionals?

Or:

professional

adjective

1.relating to or belonging to a profession.

"young professional people"

synonyms: white-collar, executive, non-manual

"people in professional occupations"

2.engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.

"a professional boxer"

synonyms: paid, salaried, non-amateur, full-time

"a professional tennis player"

noun

1.a person engaged or qualified in a profession.

"professionals such as lawyers and surveyors"

synonyms: white-collar worker, professional worker, office worker

"affluent young professionals"

So unless we're talking about non amateur athletes, young professional doesn't mean plumbers and joiners, it means what I said, did you post that just to agree with me?

---------- Post added 12-03-2017 at 21:40 ----------

If it helps, myself and the then girlfriend (now wife) bought in Lower Walkley after we graduated, we stayed for a decade before moving a little further away. It was conveniently close to what she knew having been a student at the uni, but far enough away to be out of the student 'only' areas. It had shops and was convenient for the tram, and got us a reasonable house for the money.

Nowhere near me thanks !

Me and professionals don't mix and I end up getting angry and offending them .

I second Hogg's comments. Welcome to sheffield, it's a great city, and there are loads of great communities. In fact Sheffield IMO is really one big community which is what makes it a great place to live.

With that sort of budget, you will get very little in Broomhill, Nether Green etc.

I'd suggest looking at Meersbrook very carefully. There is some lovely property there and it has great pubs, cafes and restaurants. Failing that, the Hillsborough end of Walkley might appeal to you.

Commonside end of Walkley has great pubs and cafes and cheap taxi rides to good restaurants.

I can't believe it's caused such controversy. I only meant I don't want to live in a quiet area haha!!

Thanks so much for suggesting places and helping me out! I'll have a look at those on rightmove now :) appreciate it x

Look love, there is nothing controversial about humour, though some folks don't see it that way. Good luck in your search. I can't help, as I left Sheffield a long time ago.

I'm seeking similar areas for nefarious reasons, ideally for communities whose occupantst are away all day. I have transport so distance isn't a problem, thanks in anticipation.

sthornton13 - please remember that the reason you are now a 'young professional' yourself and able to afford to buy your own home is, in no small part due to 'old people' who fought for your freedom in the war, taught you throughout your years of education, cared for you when you were ill, provided your food, clothing and shelter, not to mention those members of your family who brought you up. Judging by your out and out ageism the latter could have perhaps done a better job in teaching you to respect and be kind to everyone, regardless of age. You would not have made such a comment about ethnicity due to racism laws but you can disparage an entire section of the population. Your comment is offensive to older people. You may wish to reflect (or not) that you too will be old one day, in which case hopefully young people will have better manners than your own.

Its all down to personal choice. Id hate to live in the ecclesall road area but others love it.

Edited by Ableton

I can't believe it's caused such controversy.

....this is Sheffield Forum......

sthornton13 - please remember that the reason you are now a 'young professional' yourself and able to afford to buy your own home is, in no small part due to 'old people' who fought for your freedom in the war, taught you throughout your years of education, cared for you when you were ill, provided your food, clothing and shelter, not to mention those members of your family who brought you up. Judging by your out and out ageism the latter could have perhaps done a better job in teaching you to respect and be kind to everyone, regardless of age. You would not have made such a comment about ethnicity due to racism laws but you can disparage an entire section of the population. Your comment is offensive to older people. You may wish to reflect (or not) that you too will be old one day, in which case hopefully young people will have better manners than your own.

Totally irrelevant. None of that means that you want to buy a bungalow in an area filled with retired people!

I thought it was supposed to be the young who were snowflakes, looking for offense, but if you represent the elderly then apparently it afflicts them as well.

Oh, and you're wrong regarding racism. If someone wants to ask for a predominantly white area, they can. They'll get taken to task for it, but it's certainly not illegal.

Totley, Dore, Fulwood, Crosspool, Bradway and Ecclesall Rd South. Good Luck

Totally uncalled for.