Women who swear in public

mort

If you cannot refrain from bickering and insulting each other then I suggest you don't post. If you cannot get along with another user then put them on ignore. If you continue with the insults then I will be suspending accounts. 

Message added by mort

20 hours ago, Andbreathe said:

Im not sure of the relevance of 'women' using foul language...:suspect:

The relevance is  women,  infact nobody needs to use  bad language.  :roll:

So it should really have said "people", no need to single out women at all.

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

So it should really have said "people", no need to single out women at all.

True.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:47 AM, Ms Macbeth said:

Exactly. And whilst I don't think swearing is necessarily the sign of a limited vocabulary, it's obvious in some instances it is.  The constant use of one word in every ....ing sentence is a bit of a giveaway. 

But it's just such a brilliantly versatile word.  It's so useful.  

You can use it for express anger, joy, danger or surprise.  You can get it, you can be it. You can tell someone to go away.  You can use it for emphasis or punctuation in narrative.   You can use it to describe a broken object.  You can use it to counter argue a point.  

22 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

But it's just such a brilliantly versatile word.  It's so useful.  

You can use it for express anger, joy, danger or surprise.  You can get it, you can be it. You can tell someone to go away.  You can use it for emphasis or punctuation in narrative.   You can use it to describe a broken object.  You can use it to counter argue a point.  

Sad using foul language at all. :confused:

28 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Sad using foul language at all. :confused:

What foul language?  Who gets to decide it's foul language?  It's a perfectly valid word in the dictionary.  

This is the whole point about the evolution of language. 

There has been several polls done, particularly among the younger generation, where the f word wasn't even deemed remotely offensive.  In fact, as I pointed out earlier, it was the racial derogatory words freely used in the 1970s and 80s which were deemed the most taboo.   Even the most shocking c-word which is still banned from most TV, did not even make the top of the list with certain slang terms for homosexuals been deemed more inappropriate and higher up the results.

This evolution of language is clearly shown on television where words that were previously deemed highly offensive and strictly banned before 10 p.m are now slipping into adult targeted programming well before 8 p.m. 

Yes of course we need to be making sure that children's programmes etc are free from so-called foul language but we have to also be realistic to how the adult  world is moving on.   

You're not going to show some gritty crime drama with the recently apprehended villains shouting out 'oh fooey you've got me'.  Hardly realistic portrayal.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Any one who needs the F or C word in  general conversation is a foul mouthed slob .Its use on building sites and factory floor is a given thing as long as no one objects. To swear in front of ladies is also a no no, Any women who use it are common as muck in my opinion any way.

The Bloody and bleedin of yesteryear are pretty harmless as is the old fashioned little sod and silly twit? but todays conversations have been ruined by foul and abusive language.

Edited by Albert smith

On 12/25/2018 at 1:04 PM, PRESLEY said:

There is no swearing  on the forum, its not allowed :thumbsup:  and not needed,  this should be so in daily life.  Here some examples to help them who struggle to write or talk without using foul laguage.  Oh Sugar, Flippinghell, you Twit.  :hihi:.  Have a nice Xmas Everybody.  :clap:

I can't remember the last time I sugared our lass

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

What foul language?  Who gets to decide it's foul language?  It's a perfectly valid word in the dictionary.  

This is the whole point about the evolution of language. 

There has been several polls done, particularly among the younger generation, where the f word wasn't even deemed remotely offensive.  In fact, as I pointed out earlier, it was the racial derogatory words freely used in the 1970s and 80s which were deemed the most taboo.   Even the most shocking c-word which is still banned from most TV, did not even make the top of the list with certain slang terms for homosexuals been deemed more inappropriate and higher up the results.

This evolution of language is clearly shown on television where words that were previously deemed highly offensive and strictly banned before 10 p.m are now slipping into adult targeted programming well before 8 p.m. 

Yes of course we need to be making sure that children's programmes etc are free from so-called foul language but we have to also be realistic to how the adult  world is moving on.   

You're not going to show some gritty crime drama with the recently apprehended villains shouting out 'oh fooey you've got me'.  Hardly realistic portrayal.

Exactly

4 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Any one who needs the F or C word in  general conversation is a foul mouthed slob .Its use on building sites and factory floor is a given thing as long as no one objects. To swear in front of ladies is also a no no, Any women who use it are common as muck in my opinion any way.

The Bloody and bleedin of yesteryear are pretty harmless as is the old fashioned little sod and silly twit? but todays conversations have been ruined by foul and abusive language.

Your opinion is wholly outdated.

To think that such so-called 'foul language' is restricted to building sites and the factory floor is absolutely naive.

Working a legal office I hear and use such language communicated around all the time.  In casual conversation staff say it, clients say it and opponents say it.   It's a perfectly legitimate way of expressing urgency, anger, frustration or as a emphasis on the gravity of a situation.

Such language is used by journalists, academics, medical practitioners, in the written print, on television and in everyday communication between adults.  To dismiss all these people as low life slobs is absolutely ridiculous.

You say that bloody, bleedin' , sod and git are all acceptable - I would like to know who created this rule?    After all, those words along with the f word and c word are all in the same dictionary.  Who the hell says that the first four are acceptable but the other two aren't.     What exactly gives them and you the right to judge other people's use of it.   

I don't know how many more times I have to say this, language evolves.   The tolerance of this evolution of language shifts all the time, the broadcasting rules shift all the time, the watershed rules shift all the time to evolve with it.  

If you don't like to hear it, that's your opinion and that's fine. However you have no right to be judging others or making derogatory comments for their own choices. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

14 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Your opinion is wholly outdated.

To think that such so-called 'foul language' is restricted to building sites and the factory floor is absolutely naive.

Working a legal office I hear and use such language communicated around all the time.  In casual conversation staff say it, clients say it and opponents say it.   It's a perfectly legitimate way of expressing urgency, anger, frustration or as a emphasis on the gravity of a situation.

Such language is used by journalists, academics, medical practitioners, in the written print, on television and in everyday communication between adults.  To dismiss all these people as low life slobs is absolutely ridiculous.

You say that bloody, bleedin' , sod and git are all acceptable - I would like to know who created this rule?    After all, those words along with the f word and c word are all in the same dictionary.  Who the hell says that the first four are acceptable but the other two aren't.     What exactly gives them and you the right to judge other people's use of it.   

I don't know how many more times I have to say this, language evolves.   The tolerance of this evolution of language shifts all the time, the broadcasting rules shift all the time, the watershed rules shift all the time to evolve with it.  

If you don't like to hear it, that's your opinion and that's fine. However you have no right to be judging others or making derogatory comments for their own choices. 

I take it that you use bad language as a matter of course ,IF you have kids and they start telling you to go forth and multiply I hope you give them little darlings a hug for following your example.

Yeah well done for ignoring my words of "communications between ADULTS" 

Stop trying to sidetrack.