Women who swear in public

mort

If you cannot refrain from bickering and insulting each other then I suggest you don't post. If you cannot get along with another user then put them on ignore. If you continue with the insults then I will be suspending accounts. 

Message added by mort

I have noticed increasingly that more and more women are becoming loud and foul-mouthed in public.

I'm not sure what is fuelling this? But it's not very nice all the same.

Let me make clear that this isn't a dig at all women. And let me make clear that I think it's equally awful to hear men using foul language in public and they are even more guilty of it than women in most cases.

But, something has changed of late as regards women, in this respect. A few years ago it was rare to hear women using foul language in public - (except perhaps for some real scrubbers) but now it's becoming more and more common amongst all types of women. I was having a beer the other day in a Sheffield pub and every other word this girl was saying began with the "F" word and she wasn't at all bothered who could hear it. She was quite young (maybe mid 20's) and attractive too - at least, she was until she opened her mouth. I would never make a pub landlord because I'd have gone over to her and told her to curb the language or she'd be out.

On another occasion there was this "thing" that was turning out the foul language. I say "thing" because I think it best describes her. She was a female, of that I'm almost certain, but what a specimen she was. She must have been about 16 stone, ugly as sin and with her hair dyed blue.

She was proudly recounting a story to some of her mates which went like this:

"he comes up to me and sez, 'I don't normally like coloured hair on women but I think it really suits you". and I sez to him, 'I don't give a F what you F in think about my F in hair, I've not F in coloured it for F in you so F off Mother F er".

All said at about 100 decibels in public. Well, I couldn't help but be taken aback by it. "The Thing" had spoken. It sounds like the bloke was actually trying to pay her a compliment - but she'd swatted his compliment aside and launched a torrent of abuse his way. She was dead proud of it too. "The Thing" had remained untouchable by man. We should all be grateful for that at least.

These are just a couple of recent examples but there's lots more.

I can't think of anything worse than seeing a nice young lady and then hearing her open her mouth and language from the sewer come out of it.

Have we got this from America, like most of our other bad habits? Is it somehow "cool" to swear like this?

Has anyone else noticed this or have I imagined it? And does it bother you too?

Edited by DerbyTup

All so true,when in UK over Xmas heard the F word a lot and like you say a lot from young women,its a lot to do with tv I would say,have never watched the reality tv like Geordie shore ect but I would be surprised if I was told they didn't swear on these programmes,it may float these lasses boat but turns me off them 100%.

I've seen similar objects and heard the the language they turn out, it's not nice or clever especially when children are within earshot.

Go into the Asda store at Chaucer @2.30pm when the school next doors turns out. Sweet faced teenage girls having just left primary school education with mouths like sewers. Blame it on TV, society, hearing it daily at home. It has sadly become everyday language for some and often loaded with aggression too.

Go into the Asda store at Chaucer @2.30pm when the school next doors turns out. Sweet faced teenage girls having just left primary school education with mouths like sewers. Blame it on TV, society, hearing it daily at home. It has sadly become everyday language for some and often loaded with aggression too.

Hearing it at home normalises it. I hear it on public transport from all sorts of people, but mainly younger ones. Often sitting in the priority seats, when it's fairly obvious they don't need to. It appears to be the only adjective some know. Sad.

I use the bus a lot (unfortunately) and travel through Parson Cross. It's not just women, it seems far more acceptable to swear profusely in public.

What annoys me more, is spitting. It's just disgusting, on the rare occasion I've needed to (usually when running or cycling) I've gone to the kerb or verge, and not done it in front of anyone. It makes me feel ill when kids repeatedly spit in the bus stop.

On another occasion there was this "thing" that was turning out the foul language. I say "thing" because I think it best describes her. She was a female, of that I'm almost certain, but what a specimen she was. She must have been about 16 stone, ugly as sin and with her hair dyed blue.

She was proudly recounting a story to some of her mates which went like this:

"he comes up to me and sez, 'I don't normally like coloured hair on women but I think it really suits you". and I sez to him, 'I don't give a F what you F in think about my F in hair, I've not F in coloured it for F in you so F off Mother F er".

All said at about 100 decibels in public. Well, I couldn't help but be taken aback by it. "The Thing" had spoken. It sounds like the bloke was actually trying to pay her a compliment - but she'd swatted his compliment aside and launched a torrent of abuse his way.

It sounds like you were the man jilted by the 'Thing' . But you had a lucky escape sir. Imagine taking her back to the in-laws .

'Mum and Dad I'd like you to meet The Thing''

She says ' pleased to <removed> meet yah'

Don't give your parents an early grave :o

Edited by nikki-red

Whilst it's a dig at women here's one for the lad's,why do they have to have their hands down their tracksuit leggings,I find that disgusting in front of everyone.

Whilst it's a dig at women here's one for the lad's,why do they have to have their hands down their tracksuit leggings,I find that disgusting in front of everyone.

Yeah, I've never understood that. Toddlers do it, did their parents never tell them to stop?

Sexual equality of the uncouth.

I was only reading in the paper a few days ago that Rochdale Council plan to fine people who are caught swearing in public:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/09/watch-language-rochdale-council-plans-swearing-ban-100-fines/

It seems like it's part of a drive of the council to ban 'low level' anti social behaviour like revving car engines loudly, drinking in public, begging, playing loud music and skateboarding....

It's easy to mock the council's attempts to try and deal with anti social behaviour (though personally I've no problem with skateboarding). I've also no problem with the odd expletive for effect, but travelling on public transport you can't help but notice that some people would have difficulty in finding something to say if they weren't effing and jeffing - even within the earshot of young kids. It's probably always happened, but as I get older perhaps I notice it more.

---------- Post added 11-03-2017 at 12:01 ----------

I use the bus a lot (unfortunately) and travel through Parson Cross. It's not just women, it seems far more acceptable to swear profusely in public.

What annoys me more, is spitting. It's just disgusting, on the rare occasion I've needed to (usually when running or cycling) I've gone to the kerb or verge, and not done it in front of anyone. It makes me feel ill when kids repeatedly spit in the bus stop.

Agreed. Spitting is just vile.

Spitting is just vile.

I think it's disgusting. Who the hell want's someone else's germs.:gag: