Women who swear in public

mort

If you cannot refrain from bickering and insulting each other then I suggest you don't post. If you cannot get along with another user then put them on ignore. If you continue with the insults then I will be suspending accounts. 

Message added by mort

On 23/12/2018 at 17:59, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Apologies if I have posted similar before. I had my beloved Mum for 56 years, she NEVER heard me swear in all that time, and I NEVER heard her swear either.

Different times, different people, different standards. Better than to-days standards, make your own minds up.

Angel1.

Its possible to be incredibly offensive without saying a single swear word.  It possible to say swearwords without being at all offensive.  Blindly telling kids they shouldn't swear fails to teach them what is offensive and inoffensive language.

my son says S h 1 t all the time, I don't see it as any different to poo.  It isn't really is it...means exactly the same thing.  but if he starts taunting or jibing his sister, I tell him not to and if he continues tell him severely not to etc.  thats the difference, no swearing is a pointless rule, teaching kids how to communicate will help them as adults.

Edited by TimmyR

4 hours ago, TimmyR said:

Its possible to be incredibly offensive without saying a single swear word.  It possible to say swearwords without being at all offensive.  Blindly telling kids they shouldn't swear fails to teach them what is offensive and inoffensive language.

my son says S h 1 t all the time, I don't see it as any different to poo.  It isn't really is it...means exactly the same thing.  but if he starts taunting or jibing his sister, I tell him not to and if he continues tell him severely not to etc.  thats the difference, no swearing is a pointless rule, teaching kids how to communicate will help them as adults.

I have to disagree slightly,  I swear when in the midst of my peers, as many do. I do not swear in the company of Ladies or children. I have standards taught to me by Mum and Dad when I was a nipper. Even though they are now gone, their standards are still a line I do not cross. I do indeed laugh almost to tears when watching, Mrs Browns Boys, and that show is full of expletives, so maybe I have double standards.

Angel1.

I don't swear either,  I don't complain when others do but I prefer not to,  my top G.C.E. marks were for English Language and English Literature and I am conscious that if didn't use the language appropriately then I would be detracting from the effort which I put in.

Slightly off-topic - when looking round a new housing estate still being built recently I noticed a sign saying 'No offensive language on this site'! Not sure if it was a joke, referring to builders or to vising public! - or any combination of those three!

About 4.30 today the bus queue outside Parkers jewellers in Hillsborough was treated to a diatribe by a young woman.  She was loudly berating someone on her phone, and obviously wanted to share her feelings with all and sundry. 

Her use of a certain adjective starting with 'f' was prolific, interspersed with street.   She made several references to brethren, but I don't think she meant religious types. 

44 minutes ago, Ms Macbeth said:

About 4.30 today the bus queue outside Parkers jewellers in Hillsborough was treated to a diatribe by a young woman.  She was loudly berating someone on her phone, and obviously wanted to share her feelings with all and sundry. 

Her use of a certain adjective starting with 'f' was prolific, interspersed with street.   She made several references to brethren, but I don't think she meant religious types. 

Besides the swear words, how many times did she say "like" ? lol.  Or does this just apply to North American teenage girls?    Saying 'like' every 3rd or 4th word is worse on my ears that the F word.😧

Edited by Ontarian1981

59 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Besides the swear words, how many times did she say "like" ? lol.  Or does this just apply to North American teenage girls?    Saying 'like' every 3rd or 4th word is worse on my ears that the F word.😧

Brooklyn teenage girls have elaborated on that M.T. it's 'like I was in total shock' or 'Awesome'.

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

It's normally "Like" or the most annoying word that is commonly repeatedly "Innit".  

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

It's normally "Like" or the most annoying word that is commonly repeatedly "Innit".  

That reminds me of the only time I had vanity plates on a car. I got myself a really nice sporty one-year-old motor about 25 years back. My licence plates read  R8 INTIT. In the full year I had the plates only one person, as far as I know, actually got it.😢 Yes, you are right, he was from Yorkshire.