Women who swear in public

mort

If you cannot refrain from bickering and insulting each other then I suggest you don't post. If you cannot get along with another user then put them on ignore. If you continue with the insults then I will be suspending accounts. 

Message added by mort

2 hours ago, SnailyBoy said:

Still rockin the gender stereotypes?

It's a personal preference (are we still allowed those?).

7 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It's a personal preference (are we still allowed those?).

Yes, you like women to be 'ladylike'.

What does ladylike actually mean, to you? (Without resorting to gender stereotypes, obviously)

Edited by SnailyBoy

Posts have been removed.

Theres a big orange warning at the top of every page of this thread. I suggest you read it before posting further.

4 hours ago, SnailyBoy said:

Yes, you like women to be 'ladylike'.

What does ladylike actually mean, to you? (Without resorting to gender stereotypes, obviously)

I already tried to answer this but it was removed for some reason.

To put it another way, ladylike is in itself a stereotype, and that's a personal preference that I'm perfectly entitled to. Thank you.

Why then did you use that personal preference as a response to the poster?

The response appeared to be a criticism of the poster because she didn't fit your stereotype of what a woman should be.

5 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Why then did you use that personal preference as a response to the poster?

The response appeared to be a criticism of the poster because she didn't fit your stereotype of what a woman should be.

Not at all. The poster said she swears a lot, I said that wasn't very ladylike. That could be taken as a criticism or a compliment. It was actually just  an observation. I later responded to you about being entitled to a personal opinion/ preference. Which I am.

Okay, bearing in mind your strange response to a poster based on your stereotypical personal preference of what a woman should be, eg not swearing.

How would what you said be seen as a compliment?

12 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Okay, bearing in mind your strange response to a poster based on your stereotypical personal preference of what a woman should be, eg not swearing.

How would what you said be seen as a compliment?

Oh Snailyboy, I do love your little tests.

Why would she see it as a compliment? Well if she wears swearing as a badge of honour, then someone like me saying it's not very ladylike may be taken as a compliment. Alternatively it could just be taken as an observational contribution on the thread topic.

Edited by WiseOwl182

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Oh Snailyboy, I do love your little tests.

Why would she see it as a compliment? Well if she wears swearing as a badge of honour, then someone like me saying it's not very ladylike may be taken as a compliment. Alternatively it could just be taken as an observatory contribution on the thread topic.

Absolutely bizarre.

Guest makapaka
17 hours ago, SnailyBoy said:

Absolutely bizarre.

It’s not really a term I would use - but you pretending you don’t understand the meaning of words is more bizarre.

could you define the term “lady-like” ?

Edited by makapaka

On 11 March 2017 at 8:22 AM, ukdobby said:

Whilst it's a dig at women here's one for the lad's,why do they have to have their hands down their tracksuit leggings,I find that disgusting in front of everyone.

Cos they're keeping their brains warm!!