Women who swear in public

mort

If you cannot refrain from bickering and insulting each other then I suggest you don't post. If you cannot get along with another user then put them on ignore. If you continue with the insults then I will be suspending accounts. 

Message added by mort

On 12/27/2018 at 5:49 PM, makapaka said:

I just wonder who the lowlife slobs you are referring to - are these the swearing professionals?

Like I said, I've very rarely heard anyone swear in a professional environment.

And as to the lowlife slob bit, that was a phrase used first by Ecconoob, and was actually a misquote of Albert saying foul mouthed slobs.

I'm comfortable using either to describe people who habitually swear, it seems to have upset you though.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:59 PM, makapaka said:

I tend to form judgments on people’s characters based on the point of what they’re saying rather than the words they use.

obviously to an extent.

id be more inclined to associate with someone who referred to someone as an effin racist than a non-swearing racist (for example).

To be clear, I didn't say "a swear word" now did I.  As usual you're making things up.

We're talking about habitual swearing in conversation, not just one single curse word used.

I'd be quite surprised though if you entirely ignore the way things are expressed, but perhaps you're unusual.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:11 PM, mickey finn said:

One of my pet hates is when I have picked the kids up from school and hear some of the parents swearing, usually at a fair volume too, sounds horrible.

I'm confused, didn't you just call it snobbery to not like this behaviour, but now it's one of your pet hates...

Edited by Cyclone

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Like I said, I've very rarely heard anyone swear in a professional environment.

And as to the lowlife slob bit, that was a phrase used first by Ecconoob, and was actually a misquote of Albert saying foul mouthed slobs.

I'm comfortable using either to describe people who habitually swear, it seems to have upset you though.

To be clear, I didn't say "a swear word" now did I.  As usual you're making things up.

We're talking about habitual swearing in conversation, not just one single curse word used.

I'd be quite surprised though if you entirely ignore the way things are expressed, but perhaps you're unusual.

I'm confused, didn't you just call it snobbery to not like this behaviour, but now it's one of your pet hates...

I hear people swear in a professional environment every day.

I don’t think it’s nice to refer to someone as a lowlife slob if they swear. I think that’s worse than using a swear word.

i didn’t make anything up - nor have I ever made anything up.

you are confused as you have quoted mickey Finn rather than me at the end there.

Not a big fan of anyone swearing,  but object strongly to differentiation between men and women.   I've spent most of my working life in a male dominated occupation and I'll ####### swear if I want to. 

I quoted MF and replied to MF because that comment was directed at MF.  No confusion there MP except from you.

You are entitled to think something isn't nice, so am I.  It's entirely subjective so there's no point in trying to convince someone of that opinion is there.

I have made a point of earwigging today though.  I had breakfast in the Rawsons Springs, not the most high brow environment you'll probably agree.  Of all the conversations I could overhear, I didn't hear a single curse.

I've also been to Sainsbury's, and again didn't hear a single curse.

Swearing doesn't seem to be all that common really.  Or perhaps you and ecconoob work in unusual environments.

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

I quoted MF and replied to MF because that comment was directed at MF.  No confusion there MP except from you.

You are entitled to think something isn't nice, so am I.  It's entirely subjective so there's no point in trying to convince someone of that opinion is there.

I have made a point of earwigging today though.  I had breakfast in the Rawsons Springs, not the most high brow environment you'll probably agree.  Of all the conversations I could overhear, I didn't hear a single curse.

Swearing doesn't seem to be all that common really.  Or perhaps you and ecconoob work in unusual environments.

I don't like adults swearing at the school doors, that is very different from you saying " I don't like people who swear casually in conversation", I don't make judgements like that simply because they swear, they could still be nice people.

Guest makapaka
12 hours ago, Cyclone said:

I didn’t try to convince anybody of anything I just gave my opinion.

you then accused me of making things up. 

On 12/27/2018 at 5:49 PM, makapaka said:

im amazed someone could form a dislike for someone for using a swear word in conversation - seems petty.

The bit where you made something up, yes.

We were never talking about "A" swear word in conversation were we.  We're talking about habitual swearing.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, Cyclone said:

The bit where you made something up, yes.

We were never talking about "A" swear word in conversation were we.  We're talking about habitual swearing.

that’s not making things up. 

I genuinely didnt realise people were differentiating on levels of swearing.

I thought if someone referred to something as effin rubbish that was pretty much the same as saying that was effin rubbish and so was effin that etc.

it must be really difficult to avoid falling into your lowlife slob classification when it’s not just “if” you swear but how much.

Odd.

17 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Why were you accusing me of contradicting myself in terms of pet hates?

i never mentioned anything about pet hates - MF did.

is that making things up?

very odd.

Edited by makapaka

15 hours ago, mickey finn said:

I don't like adults swearing at the school doors, that is very different from you saying " I don't like people who swear casually in conversation", I don't make judgements like that simply because they swear, they could still be nice people.

Stop being reasonable.

18 hours ago, makapaka said:

that’s not making things up. 

I genuinely didnt realise people were differentiating on levels of swearing.

I thought if someone referred to something as effin rubbish that was pretty much the same as saying that was effin rubbish and so was effin that etc.

it must be really difficult to avoid falling into your lowlife slob classification when it’s not just “if” you swear but how much.

Odd.

Why were you accusing me of contradicting myself in terms of pet hates?

i never mentioned anything about pet hates - MF did.

is that making things up?

very odd.

No, I wasn't referring to you.  I'd quoted MF, and I was referring to him.  I've no idea why you thought a quote of someone else followed by a comment was directed at you.

On 12/29/2018 at 6:15 PM, kaytie said:

Not a big fan of anyone swearing,  but object strongly to differentiation between men and women.   I've spent most of my working life in a male dominated occupation and I'll ####### swear if I want to. 

Not very ladylike though is it...

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Not very ladylike though is it...

Still rockin the gender stereotypes?