Women who swear in public

mort

If you cannot refrain from bickering and insulting each other then I suggest you don't post. If you cannot get along with another user then put them on ignore. If you continue with the insults then I will be suspending accounts. 

Message added by mort

I'm approaching 40 and my parents still don't swear in front of me. For all I know they simply don't swear at all!

And I sure as hell wouldn't swear in front of them unless I'd just accidentally cut my arm off or something.

Do you vary your level of swearing according to the people you are with at the time?

Of course! One would be rude, insensitive and an oaf not to.

I'm approaching 40 and my parents still don't swear in front of me. For all I know they simply don't swear at all!

And I sure as hell wouldn't swear in front of them unless I'd just accidentally cut my arm off or something.

Both me and my Dad occasionally accidentally swear in front of each other and it's so awkward, like I'm a teenager all over again, so that's encouragement enough to try harder not to do it!

Of course! One would be rude, insensitive and an oaf not to.

Is one of the factors that influences your swearing, the gender of the company?

Women swearing? Simply shocking!

Alas, it's common throughout the land

Did you catch a glimpse of stocking?

And did they have a pint in hand?

Sorry, I was suddenly grabbed by the McGonogals. Far better to hear women swearing like troopers than go back to the dark ages of having them frowned on for any sign of unladylike behaviour that men have got away with since the year dot, back in the sixties I heard of two women barred from a country pub for asking for pints instead of the more usual halves, Gawd knows what the landlord thought they were [lesbians most likely] but he probably saw it as the end of civilisation, too bad he didn't see himself as a patriarchal old tosspot

What I'm trying to say is frowning on peoples essentially harmless behaviour is wasted energy that could be better spent bashing politicians :nono::wink:

Perhaps, on the rare occasion I go to the office there is plenty of swearing, but I guess that's because the office handles live service and incident management, so it's a highly stressful role. Doesn't excuse it though and actually it's been highlighted as a part of the reason why we have so few females who work in this part of the company. More than one stated that the office culture and language including sexist 'banter' was the main reason for leaving.

I'm not condoning swearing in public like that at all, and I've said already that people who cannot control their language are probably neither very intelligent or nice. Unless they have Tourette's.

I've worked in very permissive environments where swearing is accepted as the norm without a consideration that some people may find it offensive. I was one of the worst offenders. Several years later the opposite of the above and when new team members swore it sounded shocking, to the extent that during a meeting the issue came up and we discussed it, deciding that the environment was better without it.

Very rarely swear in public now

---------- Post added 20-03-2017 at 06:53 ----------

Funnily enough the above environment also tolerated a lot of smoking, and non smokers, like me, were given short shrift if we complained. I was told by a colleague, who also found it objectionable " if you want to make yourself unpopular in this team make an issue of smoking"

Perhaps some things shouldn't be tolerated

---------- Post added 20-03-2017 at 07:00 ----------

Women swearing? Simply shocking!

Alas, it's common throughout the land

Did you catch a glimpse of stocking?

And did they have a pint in hand?

Sorry, I was suddenly grabbed by the McGonogals. Far better to hear women swearing like troopers than go back to the dark ages of having them frowned on for any sign of unladylike behaviour that men have got away with since the year dot, back in the sixties I heard of two women barred from a country pub for asking for pints instead of the more usual halves, Gawd knows what the landlord thought they were [lesbians most likely] but he probably saw it as the end of civilisation, too bad he didn't see himself as a patriarchal old tosspot

What I'm trying to say is frowning on peoples essentially harmless behaviour is wasted energy that could be better spent bashing politicians :nono::wink:

Two examples:

1/ I was refused service in a pub tap room because I was with a woman and women weren't allowed in tap rooms.

2/ The same woman refused to go to the bar ( not the same pub) and buy me a coke drink saying " I'm not asking for a coke for a man, you'll have a pint"

Though not obscene, I heard a woman say to a little girl aged about two, " make your bloody mind up" I just cringed..............

Two examples:

1/ I was refused service in a pub tap room because I was with a woman and women weren't allowed in tap rooms.

2/ The same woman refused to go to the bar ( not the same pub) and buy me a coke drink saying " I'm not asking for a coke for a man, you'll have a pint"

:hihi::hihi:

Ah... Social Mores, probably the greatest thing any civilisation can have... and the petty mores were probably the worst! :D

The OP is on a misogynist rant, and referring to a woman as a 'thing' is utterly disgraceful, as is the sexist and degrading description given of this human being. What a caddish way to react to a woman.

The OP is on a misogynist rant, and referring to a woman as a 'thing' is utterly disgraceful, as is the sexist and degrading description given of this human being. What a caddish way to react to a woman.

If the label fits,I've seen both men and women I've called things,if they behave inhumanly then they get called other names.

Though not obscene, I heard a woman say to a little girl aged about two, " make your bloody mind up" I just cringed..............

Why? Its just a word.

Why? Its just a word.

I was brought up rough and ready where 6 year old children used to eff and. jeff,my children never did,it doesn't sound right.