Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

We have not confirmed it yet but the Aldi was suppose to close this Sunday (yesterday).

It has closed. My friend worked there and has been transferred to another branch.

Plenty of people trying to shop there today, no obvious signs it has closed though. Still produce on the shelves, lights are on and it looks open. Except the doors are locked and nobody is there!

I went for a walk by canal today and had a look for a laugh. Aldi looks just the same, no closed signs. People try to get in and looked confused when the doors didn't open. Should have filmed it and put on YouTube but thought about privacy of the shoppers out there.

They parked, put a pound coin in trolley and went to the door. Right funny.

Edited by dutch

staff were relocated to other branches like my friend

I went for a walk by canal today and had a look for a laugh. Aldi looks just the same, no closed signs. People try to get in and looked confused when the doors didn't open. Should have filmed it and put on YouTube but thought about privacy of the shoppers out there.

They parked, put a pound coin in trolley and went to the door. Right funny.

Are people entitled to privacy when out and about in a public space?

Are people entitled to privacy when out and about in a public space?

Legally, no they aren't. But Dutch has been struck down with a dose of decency and respect for people going out to do a bit of shopping without being turned into a cheap laugh on YouTube.

pity its closed must be the rent,but opening lots more including a big shop at the new big meadowhead centre.

Not really a loss to the park though is it

Not really a loss to the park though is it

I suppose that depends if you were a regular shopper there when it was open, if you were a regular shopper, yes then it's a loss to retail park otherwise no it's not. It's like many shops when they shut the doors, there's always elsewhere to buy your goods, same as when Morrisons closed at Darnall Asda was the next choice, when B & Q closed, anywhere was better than B & Q with their over price and sometimes shoddy goods.

Edited by therascal

So there are now 2 empty units. Aldi and Betta Living. I was told but it could be hear say that the co-op travel would be closing. They have already closed a few other branches of the same chain in sheffield/Chesterfield area. This would make a 3rd empty unit. We use to shop at the Aldi but now use the Iceland (food warehouse). What would other people like to see in the empty units? Is there any shops sheffield is missing?

I suppose that depends if you were a regular shopper there when it was open, if you were a regular shopper, yes then it's a loss to retail park otherwise no it's not. It's like many shops when they shut the doors, there's always elsewhere to buy you goods, same as when Morrisons closed at Darnall Asda was the next choice, when B & Q closed, anywhere was better than B & Q with their over price and sometimes shoddy goods.

Had to get a strip of thin curved wood, was 7.50 at wickes and 3.50 at B&Q, thought I was hallucinating.

Miss that Aldi at retail park, we often went after cinema or on the odd meadowhall journey. Now we have to deal with crammed parkinglots or if I take tram even the middlewood aldi is not as close to tram as retailpark was.