Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

went in a well known upermarket to collect 1 item,empty tills ect,then went to aldi this is mid week and its packed,notice car park full of top of the range cars and normal cars

so they all cannot be wrong

Spot on! Nothing wrong with discount shops I love going in to buy sweets lol, but when places like retail parks get flooded with them, they just become stagnated..

There is basically the same items in them I find. They are useful though.

There is basically the same items in them I find. They are useful though.

I find them boring, just get what I need, pay and go to the exit.

I tray not to make an event out of visiting them but do like the convenience :hihi:

Due to on-line shopping, it's looking like the days of the Malls are numbered. Check the videos on 'Abandoned Malls' on You Tube.

So there are now 2 empty units. Aldi and Betta Living. I was told but it could be hear say that the co-op travel would be closing. They have already closed a few other branches of the same chain in sheffield/Chesterfield area. This would make a 3rd empty unit. We use to shop at the Aldi but now use the Iceland (food warehouse). What would other people like to see in the empty units? Is there any shops sheffield is missing?

Confirmed today the Co-op travel closes a week on Saturday. 7 out of the 9 members made redundant with the other 2 relocated to Rotherham.

Due to on-line shopping, it's looking like the days of the Malls are numbered. Check the videos on 'Abandoned Malls' on You Tube.

Haven't watched it yet but ikea will attract more customers to retail park.

I've watched a few of these, they're all in the US, where there were way too many malls to start with during a mad expansion in the 60s and 70s

Confirmed today the Co-op travel closes a week on Saturday. 7 out of the 9 members made redundant with the other 2 relocated to Rotherham.

Nationally most of these will shut in the next 12 months. The Meadowhall one was announced back end of last year and was one of the first on the list to go. Cost of the building vs performance etc affected a lot of the decision factors. Eventually the likely hood is that they will all close

Can't believe that old womans shop, is it Hobby Craft? Has survived this long.

Always seems busy in there though and the markup on goods they sell must make them really profitable

Can't believe that old womans shop, is it Hobby Craft? Has survived this long.

It's always rammed! My mother in law loves it. Me not so lol