Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

There is a Aldi at Drakehouse which is.only a few mins walk from a tram stop

There is a Aldi at Drakehouse which is.only a few mins walk from a tram stop

That is still further away, retail park was 60 seconds walk. Penistone is also just a few minutes, not bad really but retail park was better.

Never mind the parking issues at other aldi, it is doable but sometimes several people drive round there at same time looking for a space.

The whole dynamic of the retail park will change when Ikea open doubt the units will be empty for long but a discount supermarket is probably not the best fit now.

That is still further away, retail park was 60 seconds walk. Penistone is also just a few minutes, not bad really but retail park was better.

Never mind the parking issues at other aldi, it is doable but sometimes several people drive round there at same time looking for a space.

You fly for 60 second walk? Certainly a lot further away than that.

You fly for 60 second walk? Certainly a lot further away than that.

It doesn't matter what I say, loved the combination of a canal walk, finish with shopping then hop on the tram. Bye Bye to that, A walk on the moor or Penistone doesn't compensate for that.

I use Aldi at Meadowhall regularly & it never seem's to be busy even at weekend's plus there's a 2-hour parking limit, & that could have an impact on a possible closing of the store, just have to wait & see.

I use Aldi at Meadowhall regularly & it never seem's to be busy even at weekend's plus there's a 2-hour parking limit, & that could have an impact on a possible closing of the store, just have to wait & see.

Its been closed since the end of April.

Been closed a while and surely nobody could spend 2 hours in Aldi

Has there been any indication of what's going to replace it?

I didn't realise what a sorry state Meadowhall Retail Park had become until recently when I started working in Tinsley and visit some lunch times.

Be nice to see a decent shop there to put some investment and attraction back to the place. The soon to be IKEA will help this too.

Also being as pedantic as I am it annoys me they call it the "Meadowhall" retail park when it is actually in Carbrook :hihi:

Has there been any indication of what's going to replace it?

I didn't realise what a sorry state Meadowhall Retail Park had become until recently when I started working in Tinsley and visit some lunch times.

Be nice to see a decent shop there to put some investment and attraction back to the place. The soon to be IKEA will help this too.

Also being as pedantic as I am it annoys me they call it the "Meadowhall" retail park when it is actually in Carbrook :hihi:

got to agree with you . went down the other day and it seems that there all discount shops

When I visit Aldi I also like to look around the other stores & I don't want to be jumping into my car to park outside the given store, 2 hours goes in a flash even when one's only window shopping.

got to agree with you . went down the other day and it seems that there all discount shops

Spot on! Nothing wrong with discount shops I love going in to buy sweets lol, but when places like retail parks get flooded with them, they just become stagnated..