Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

So obviously the people that said the staff were sayibg it wasnt closing, news for you... the staff obviously were lying. I wouldn't evee spend more there again

I was told that things were under negotiation and it maybe closing. Staff wasn't lying to me.

Aldi have said they're closing the Meadowhall branch because they're opening a bigger one at Drakehouse - Like it's a minute further up the road :loopy:

Staff probably not lying to you as always they will be the last to know.

Well signs of a pooely run company and as such people should boycott the business if they treat there colleagues unfairly

Aldi have said they're closing the Meadowhall branch because they're opening a bigger one at Drakehouse - Like it's a minute further up the road :loopy:

No it's not but perhaps Aldi might think that their branch up the road in Ecclesfield or perhaps their branch at masbrough, or Hillsborough or handsworth is close enough.

Big businesses don't just make decisions on a whim. I'm sure they will know their potential catchment area - it's also not smart to have too many branches competing against each other - something that Tesco is recently finding out the hard way.

All this about staff being treated badly or lying or the stores being boycotted is just silly. It's all Hearsay and nobody knows what the staff were told, how they were told or what they told customers. From what I understand discount supermarkets like this normally treat their staff well. They are paid a lot more than other retail workers and they pay supervisors and managers very good rates.

So what if the staff have to jump around from stacking shelves to being on the till to cleaning. Its what they get paid for and it's better than other shops where some checkout worker is sat idle waiting for a customer. It's that very reason i.e. keeping the minimal overheads they can offer such cheap prices in the first place

Staff probably not lying to you as always they will be the last to know.

The staff at Argos in Worksop found out it was closing and moving in to Sainsbury's but only 15 out the 30 staff were keeping there jobs. They found out because the Sainsbury's had a staff meeting and told them. The poor staff in worksop found out on Facebook!

I got told it's because the owners of the retail park are putting the rent up due to the new Ikea being built.....

I got told it's because the owners of the retail park are putting the rent up due to the new Ikea being built.....

I sometimes take the tram there or drive by and really liked that Aldi while on the run. I dont blame Aldi for what's happened here with their contract and we can go to other ones but the other locations have crap parking and often worse traffic.

I hate Aldi. Cheap and low quality goods. I'd like to see many more Aldi Stores close down. I feel sorry for their staff too. They are always busy and never have a spare minute. They are shelf filling then expected to get on a till then off the till and back to filling up. No chance of skiving as i used to do in my Hillards career.

nothing wrong with aldi there food is decent to be fair

nothing wrong with aldi there food is decent to be fair

Agree

We shop at this aldi every week for some food. My mum works in sainsburys but we still shop here as its cheaper. At the end of the day a carrot is a carrot. Whether its from aldi or waitrose. Nothing wrong with food at aldi. :)

---------- Post added 02-04-2017 at 22:14 ----------

I hate Aldi. Cheap and low quality goods. I'd like to see many more Aldi Stores close down. I feel sorry for their staff too. They are always busy and never have a spare minute. They are shelf filling then expected to get on a till then off the till and back to filling up. No chance of skiving as i used to do in my Hillards career.

You dont get paid to skive. You are there to do a job. Every supermarket has shelf stackers that have to come on the till when there is a need.

Well signs of a pooely run company and as such people should boycott the business if they treat there colleagues unfairly

Thats why they have got new shops sprouting up all over the place and constantly in the top 3 best supermarkets for value. Wish as much as could be said for B & Q with them closing shops down over the place, over priced products, used customer returns placed back on the shelves and sold as new items, elusive staff who could'nt give a cats whisker when they were asked a question. And as for anyone treating staff badly try working for Morrisons Supermarket, now that is a ****e company to work for.

We shop in Waitrose, Aldi, Morrison, Tesco, Sainsbury's, b&m. Wilko. Some of these just for few items we can't get in the other store.

Got a great digital radio from Aldi on sale for £12.50. Good sound, perfect for the kitchen and have it over a year now.

My girlfriend is an expert at washing powder and will pay a fortune for the best one, she says Aldi one is better and cheaper than others but she will not buy rubbish cause it's cheaper.

There are certain products at Aldi we don't buy cause they are better elsewhere.