Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

As someone pointed out earlier, the new IKEA is about to impact the value of those retail units significantly. I believe there is a planning application already in to provide them all with a facelift.

Rents will go up, the stores whose business model requires low rent will move out and a wave of (probably) upmarket furniture stores will move in.

Be the other way round the landlord will want to screw them. The whole of the retail units need works doing to the exterior paint work peeling of all the units.

They're about to have a complete refurb of the frontages to the entire retail park.

As someone pointed out earlier, the new IKEA is about to impact the value of those retail units significantly. I believe there is a planning application already in to provide them all with a facelift.

Rents will go up, the stores whose business model requires low rent will move out and a wave of (probably) upmarket furniture stores will move in.

No real loss there then. Could do with some better shops

No real loss there then. Could do with some better shops

What kind of shops would you like to see there.

I hate Aldi. Cheap and low quality goods. I'd like to see many more Aldi Stores close down. I feel sorry for their staff too. They are always busy and never have a spare minute. They are shelf filling then expected to get on a till then off the till and back to filling up. No chance of skiving as i used to do in my Hillards career.

Confirmed, it's closing on April 30th

yes sad will miss it,glad staff keeping jobs though.

So obviously the people that said the staff were sayibg it wasnt closing, news for you... the staff obviously were lying. I wouldn't evee spend more there again

I'm really sad it's closing, yet another loss of a supermarket to Wincobank/ brightside residents!

So obviously the people that said the staff were sayibg it wasnt closing, news for you... the staff obviously were lying. I wouldn't evee spend more there again

Or maybe the staff had been told it was staying open