Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

I heard it may move, has not been decided yet.

I hear they are putting a new one on the new retail part that is being built near the norton roundabout, its a bit close to the Dronfield store but I think it would still do well.

the new large aldi will do well at meadowhead and with marks/spencers and with another is it 16 more retailors it should be a very busy shopping centre and what a great position for so many people,there new ranges are great and the money you save makes these type of supermarkets so busy.

With increasing traffic 'just popping into Aldi' (or any of the other stores) won't be as easy as it is now so perhaps they are getting out now before the shoppers start to stay away

Would be a shame for it to close down

New Aldi opening at Drakehouse, maybe the staff will be moved to there or any of the other Aldi in the area.

Talking to the guy on the checkout this morning and he was saying it's not definite yet. The lease for the building runs out in April and Aldi is trying to negotiate a new deal with the landlord.

Talking to the guy on the checkout this morning and he was saying it's not definite yet. The lease for the building runs out in April and Aldi is trying to negotiate a new deal with the landlord.

No surprise, that location must have increased in value with its new neighbour on the way.

Edited by dutch

Hope they pay the correct rate and dont try and screw over the landlord

Hope they pay the correct rate and dont try and screw over the landlord

You know the landlord is not some scruffy geezer from t'pub, in a shady looking duffle coat, right?

The landlord is ​​Legal & General Property, i'm pretty sure this multi-billion pound company will be able to hold it's ground, if you really are worried.

Be the other way round the landlord will want to screw them. The whole of the retail units need works doing to the exterior paint work peeling of all the units.

The whole of the retail units need works doing to the exterior paint work peeling of all the units.

But maybe it's the tenants who are liable for external maintenance.

Have you seen the lease wording? No, thought not (nor have I!)