Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

I have been told that Aldi at Meadowhall retail park is closing in April,Anyone know if its true.

yep it is i know someone who works there

Thats strange i asked one of the staff today and she said no it isnt closing.

It would surprise me, they are rather comfy there location wise, lots of parking, right next to tram and the new ikea coming right next door.

Is this something general or does this belong in Sheffield news and discussions?

Edited by dutch

I'd imagine a lot of the discount stores struggling now - their low margins won't be able to absorb the soaring import costs due to the low pound.

I'd imagine a lot of the discount stores struggling now - their low margins won't be able to absorb the soaring import costs due to the low pound.

Well in that case we need to cancel Brexit right away.

Well in that case we need to cancel Brexit right away.

Well, 48% voted to stay in EU but it is talked about now as if all of UK really wanted to leave. Such a tiny little 4% minority but media and politics behave as if it was the whole country who wants to leave now.

I welcome brexit, we will get £350 million for new hospitals every day, a wise decision.

I mentioned this Aldi closing topic to a friend. The response was that M. retail park must have increased in value significantly with its new neighbour on the way. Maybe someone is buying them out or the place is getting too expensive for them.

Still no acute confirmation if this topic is real.

Edited by dutch

Well, 48% voted to stay in EU but it is talked about now as if all of UK really wanted to leave. Such a tiny little 4% minority but media and politics behave as if it was the whole country who wants to leave now.

I welcome brexit, we will get £350 million for new hospitals every day, a wise decision.

I mentioned this Aldi closing topic to a friend. The response was that M. retail park must have increased in value significantly with its new neighbour on the way. Maybe someone is buying them out or the place is getting too expensive for them.

Still no acute confirmation if this topic is real.

we will get £350 million for new hospitals every day

I dont think so

Back on topic please. The thread is about Aldi, not Brexit.

Thank you :)

Cant say it be a loss if it shut down

Cant say it be a loss if it shut down

We shop Sainsbury Waitrose Tesco morrison Aldi and sometimes m&s. We use three different Aldi, meadow hall is one of them. If it shut we just go to another one but I do like the location as we pass by there on certain journeys.