Brick wall pointing - dust free solution??

Guest brownd95

Hi All.

I have bought a 1900 built semi. The gable wall needs repointing and I would like to ask has anyone had theirs done and how did they avoid or minimise the dust expell from using an angle grinder???

I'm looking to hire a company but two companies I have phoned so far assure me there wont be much the dust and they don't use an form of dust extraction etc.

Now I have had the chimney stack re-pointed a while back and because it is a narrow street with many cars, I got a couple of complaints because studpidly I didn't have any proir knowledge that is was going to be so dusty.

Any tips, advice, pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

brandon hire use a grinder with a hoover attachment that they hire out get the builder to hire one before work commences

You'll never have atotally dust free solution for a job like this.

True True Dan, must works outside can call dust! Pointing, bricklaying, roof works, even block paving or roadworks. Explain to you neighbours that your having this work done. They should know better that there are other things to worry about in the world than a bit of dust on their cars. There is chemical dust all around us now, in the clouds etc and in the rain. Explain that when you point your house , your house will be worth more, look nice and make the street look nice- thus making their property worth more.