Pillows for neck pain

Hi,

just wanted to ask if any of you can recommend me a pillow for neck pain as i have been getting bad neck pain and believe the pillow is causing this.... Anyone been in a similar boat?

i like a plumpy pillow not too firm and not too soft, i have looked at a memory foam contour one but not sure as never used one of these before.

Thanks

I use JML ones, they aren't cheap about £23 and they have a large ridge on one side with a smaller one on the other and since I've been using one - about 4.5 years no problems since, whether you opt to use the large bit or small bit is personal choice, it supports your neck in a better position when sleeping

---------- Post added 08-03-2017 at 23:26 ----------

Go to the chiropractor first and get them to reset your neck. I go to the one on Ecclesall road by Collegiate Campus. He is very good and sorted this exact issue out for me. Also recommended using a rolled up towel, which has made the world of difference as a pillow.

Neck pain is normally due to the spine being misaligned, just too old or damage. A good chiro can assist all of these.

Better still go to an osteopath, the active health care clinic works the muscle more and is more gentle than the sudden bone crunching of Chiropractors which always isn;'t a necessary requirement

What I found was not to have the pillows too plump or have more than one. Ideally I think the spine, neck and head should be almost in a straight line when laying on ones side. I now use a feather pillow for that very reason, so try that first before wasting any money.

This is correct. The flatter you are, the better,to keep the spine in alignment.

thanks guys,

norseman is this the contour one? is yours very firm or is it a medium one and does your head just sink in to it?

i have ordered a contour memory foam one, hope it fixes my neck and gives me comfortable medium support...

I use JML ones, they aren't cheap about £23 and they have a large ridge on one side with a smaller one on the other and since I've been using one - about 4.5 years no problems since, whether you opt to use the large bit or small bit is personal choice, it supports your neck in a better position when sleeping

---------- Post added 08-03-2017 at 23:26 ----------

Better still go to an osteopath, the active health care clinic works the muscle more and is more gentle than the sudden bone crunching of Chiropractors which always isn;'t a necessary requirement

Following worked for me and I don't have a neck problem anymore

1) sleep on the side not on your back

2) used a hard packed pillow not a soft one

3) bought a pillow with foam ridge that fits in the space between side of chin and shoulder, assuming that you are on your side

4) also do constant neck exercises (rolling in a circle, both directions) to keep the neck in good shape

The rolled up towel is a good idea to test out the concept. (My pillow with the rolled rounded ridge at front, cost about 13GBP). With the rolled up towel inside a pillow case, with a very flat pillow inside, you could probably make one

Does anyone supply pillows for Mister men pain?