Dentists in Sheffield

Hi.

I'm currently registered with an NHS dentist in Sheffield (I do pay for treatment) and I'm really happy with the treatment I recieve. However, I've recently decided that I want some work done that is purely cosmetic, so my NHS dentist won't do it, I need to see a private dentist.

If I register with a private dentist, will I lose my place with the NHS dentist or can I be registered with both?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for private dentists in Sheffield?

Thank you.

Do you need to register with a private dentist just to get some cosmetic work done?

I don't think there's some central register of patients, so one dentist can't see if you're registered with another.

My dentist does private work as well. There is a list of the services and prices displayed

I don't know how it works to be honest geared. If there's no central register than I should be ok. I only want to use the private dentist for the cosmetic stuff, for everything else I'd still like to use the NHS dentist. I wish my dentist did private work as well but I've already checked and she's doesn't :(

I had a lot of private work done at PSB Dental Care near the Peace Gardens and they were fabulous - and I'm a terribly nervous patient!

I don't know whether private work affects your NHS place as I wasn't NHS registered at the time, but the staff there are really helpful and I'm sure would answer your questions if you give them a call: 0114 272 2726

I had some cosmetic work done a few years ago at a different dentist to where I was registered and it didn't affect my NHS registration.

I had a lot of private work done at PSB Dental Care near the Peace Gardens and they were fabulous - and I'm a terribly nervous patient!

I don't know whether private work affects your NHS place as I wasn't NHS registered at the time, but the staff there are really helpful and I'm sure would answer your questions if you give them a call: 0114 272 2726

I don't know about the NHS/Private question, but in terms of a recommendation I'd definitely support the one for PSB. I've been a regular patient there for 25 years or so, and whilst Mr Burns was my dentist, and after whom the practice was named, has now retired, I'm perfectly happy with the replacement staff. In fact although it's been taken over by Portman Healthcare on his retirement, I've found the prices have actually dropped slightly, so no grumbles there either.

I'm sure there will be other suggestions, but PSB on Charles St is a good place to start - they've got a website so you can find out their details and get a quote on the phone for what you want doing I'm sure.

My current dentist also does NHS and private. I used to be a patient at PBS under Mr Burns and they used to take NHS then.

After being failed by many NHS dentists over the years, I eventually went to Occudental on Western Bank and have had nothing but amazing service and care from them - http://www.occudental.co.uk

Thanks whiteowl, that's good to know :)

I'm glad people are recommending PSB as they're the first ones I've spoken too. I came across their website last night and their reviews are all really good so I gave them a call this morning. I've also had Occudental recommended to me by a friend so they were my next choice and I've also rang and spoke to them.

Thanks everyone :)