Mansel School / Yewlands School

Hartleybrook area.I've been here about 10 years but lived all over sheffield including foxhill as a teen.

I left in 1987,was in Mr Bensons class.

Is anyone on yewlands forum?I am having probs getting on again.I tried earlier but the site is not recognised

I went to Mansel and Yewlands - I think I left in 81 or 82 - Miss Coy was my form teacher at Yewlands - Is she still around ??

Yes she is still there i believe, What a fantastic teacher!!!

I left Yewlands in 1981, nothing special about that school!

I remember Miss Coy and Mr Topham oh an Mr Fuller! My favourite teacher was Mr Hopkinson, but he probably left in about 1978.

Great memories of trips to Lockerbrooke, Thornbridge and the great trip to France.

Was it Mr Topham that used to do the barn dancing at lunchtimes around christmas? Oh happy days lol

We were probabily at school together as I went on all those trips as well !!

I went to Yewlands, left in 1995. My form tutor was Miss Round (the German teacher, not Science).

http://www.yewlandspast.co.uk seems to be partly up and running.

I went to Mansell youth club in 1964/5 what a fantastic place. loads of my freinds were at Mansell school in the late 50's then Yew lane or colley. Iwas youth club representative in 1965 and appeared on Opportunity Knocks on behalf of National youth club week. I met Hughie Green, Jimmy Clitheroe and a few other faces in the canteen. Came home and saw it on our little telly in Black and white.

My OH used to go to Yewlands, he was there 85-90 ish, he was a bit of a rogue then and wonders if anyone remembers a Miss Sommers who was really nice to him (she taught science) or Mr sowerby (PE teacher) also his form tutor. Is there anyone on forum that was at Yewlands around the same time, prior to that Mansell?

i went to Mansel my teacher was Mr Merrels He kept all the pets.

all those from yewlands school late 80s do you remember any of these pupils the dolan family aka doc & jim. leo dalton & big dan they were cuisons .i hope someone does id like to here some stories these kids were my mates for a very long time even though i went to colley