Mansel School / Yewlands School

i remeber mrs bell and mrs hope.and mr calnan. i left late 80.s

hi my mum and dad work at mansel and mr calnan still works there although it has changed so much now

I went to mansel!

lol

probs way after all you lot..left in...2000

Mrs Bell was our headmistres...anyone have her?

I know Mrs Dorothy Bell personally and she's doing just fine.

i went 2 mansel think i left 97 or 98 i cant remember seems like a life time ago i thought it was a great school i met sum cool people who i am still friends with

I went to Mansell Infants in 1962, (Miss Ashwell) Juniors in 1965, (Mr Douglas) then in my first year in the "big" school Wednesday lost the FA Cup Final, England won the World Cup. My teachers were A1 Mrs Dixon, A2, Mrs Strickland nee Vynall then two years with Mr Gregory who used to spend an abnormal period of time locked in the stationary room with Mrs Dronfield. We walked to school and back from Grenoside, remembering the sleet driving into my face, the fights all the way home, nearly getting run over....great days. Not like the spoiled little fat kids today who get ferried to and from school in Toyota Landcruisers.

I Went to Mansel nursery,infants then primary but went to Chaucer instead of Yewlands with the majority

I went to Mansel and Yewlands - I think I left in 81 or 82 - Miss Coy was my form teacher at Yewlands - Is she still around ??

Hi, I went to mansel and yewlane comp. (now yewlands) I left in 1975 the one and only teacher I remember and still hate to this day was my teacher at mansel MR WHITBREAD and his evil slipper joey!!

Does anyone remeber when Charlie Williams came to Yewlands?

I remember Charlie Williams visting Yewlands. I think he was a friend of one of the teachers. Do you remember when the teachers organised a "This Is Your Life" for the headteacher (Hugh Bland). Not sure what the occassion was but I remember to this day that his favourite song (at that time) was the theme from Van Der Valk.

I remember Charlie Williams visting Yewlands. I think he was a friend of one of the teachers. Do you remember when the teachers organised a "This Is Your Life" for the headteacher (Hugh Bland). Not sure what the occassion was but I remember to this day that his favourite song (at that time) was the theme from Van Der Valk.

I remember Mr Bland, he was the Head teacher that had the school carpeted in canary yellow carpet. :) what a crackpot.

Do you remember the name of the headmaster that got struck by lightning?

Hi, I went to mansel and yewlane comp. (now yewlands) I left in 1975 the one and only teacher I remember and still hate to this day was my teacher at mansel MR WHITBREAD and his evil slipper joey!!

Does anyone remeber when Charlie Williams came to Yewlands?

I had the pleasure of Mr.Whitbread's Jesus sandal whizzing pass my head in the late 80's when i wasnt paying attention...

Hi there Sheffieldites

I used to go to Grenoside Junior and then Yewlands, It was Yewlane when I went there . I remember being very excited on my first day because I had to go by bus. Wow those were the days when a young person gotexcited about using a bus hey? Today they would no sooner use the bus than die, its Mums taxi now !!!!!!

So many of you have already worked out it was a lonnnnnnnng time ago since i was at Yewlane .I now live in Perth, Western Australia but have very many happy memories of the old days in Sheffield.