Richardsons knives

Are Richardsons still making knives in Sheffield? thanks for any info.

Are Richardsons still making knives in Sheffield? thanks for any info.

The name Richardson Sheffield still exists owned by a Dutch company.

Richardson Sheffield Ltd, Sheffield, Unit 2, Orgreave Drive.

http://www.amefa.com/richardson_sheffield.aspx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richardson_Sheffield

they haven't manufactured knives for years, not since they closed the site on Upper Allen Street & moved down to their other site on Alma Street - used to be blade manufacturing at Upper Allen Street & assembly & distribution at Alma Street

great days

Didn't production move to China a while back?

I'm not sure if Arthur Price still make cutlery here, they own a few of the old names.

I thought it was more a case of them buying from far east suppliers with the Richardson logo pre-stamped

I left a long time ago, when they still owned the site on Alma Street

The reason for asking is because my father worked there in the 50s and he bought a set of six knives and they are still in use today. I made the big mistake of buying some Richardson knives about a year ago. I was expecting the same quality. Well up to now 2 handles have fallen off and they are all blunt. Big let down for a Sheffield brand. I only bought them because it said Richardsons Sheffield on the block

I did the same thing thinking I was getting quality bought a set of 5 different sized scissors with a 20 year guarantee unfortunatly the handles on three of them have worn away and it's only the blades that are guarentted!

Hi canetoad, if you ever need scissors again Ernest Wright's make excellent ones.

Thanks Sheba think I will need new before too long any local stockists that you know of would be a great help .

The reason for asking is because my father worked there in the 50s and he bought a set of six knives and they are still in use today. I made the big mistake of buying some Richardson knives about a year ago. I was expecting the same quality. Well up to now 2 handles have fallen off and they are all blunt. Big let down for a Sheffield brand. I only bought them because it said Richardsons Sheffield on the block

Richardsons have always produced cheap rubbish, especially pocket knives. Would not take an edge and fell to bits with a few days.

canetoad,the only place we would recommend is Ernest Wright's,factory shop on Broad Lane near West Bar.You won't go wrong buying from here.