White van selling fish

Sounds like someone has been caught hook line and sinker.

In all seriousness though, what is the scam? Surely if someone is paying for fish at the door, and it's still fish when they get it to the kitchen.. it's not a scam?

It's not very clever for everyone to post daft fishy puns on porpoise, so that counts me out.

Sounds like someone has been caught hook line and sinker.

In all seriousness though, what is the scam? Surely if someone is paying for fish at the door, and it's still fish when they get it to the kitchen.. it's not a scam?

I think they sell boxed stuff for the freezer and you don't get the same stuff that they show you.

Has anyone come across a white van with two guys selling wet fish. One has been in our area targeting the elderly. My next door neighbour was scammed. I have told the police.

where exactly is this plaice.

Whereabouts are they? Or is it just Had-ock?:D

Has anyone come across a white van with two guys selling wet fish. One has been in our area targeting the elderly. My next door neighbour was scammed. I have told the police.

:)

In all seriousness, it's good to see that this thread is still here and the 'f i unny' puns have not been removed.

Humorous posts (and even the ones that make you groan) can often help to focus attention on a serious incident and remind people of the reason behind the thread being posted in the first pla i ce. :thumbsup:

I,m getting fed up of trawling through this post its about time someone threw a net on it!.

Thanks for the heads up , i'll have a Pike out of the window and see if I can see owt !

I asked him how much the fish was that looked ill - he answered sick squid........

Reading this post was BRILL,usually people just CARP on about things!.It is like a BREAM of light a RAY or a RAINBOW after a rainy day!.Buying fish from a van you must DAB it and SMELT it before you buy!.Don,t FLOUNDER around or they will treat you like a SPRAT and think you are a bit of a POLLOCK!.Tell him no and he will PERCH his fish back in his van and EEL disappear!.

Edited by old tup
typo

Sheffield City Council Trading Standards investigate incidents of this nature. Please contact us on 0114 2736290 or at [email protected] if you wish to report an incident or if you have information regarding the identity of the traders or the vehicle registration number.